Is My Clownfish dying?

reef junky

Being that they gave her bad info, the should be responsible and either take them fish and anemone back, or give her some new fish.

wocka

its similar to the acclimating process they have on this site,just put into 5 sentences not 10 paragraphs.. the only thing that changed was instead of dripping water u add half a cup.

wocka

no, u just need a measuring cup, bucket. and do the procedure i said.. add half a cup every 10 mins till it doubles the water in the bucket then get the fish out with a net, never dump the water back into the tank

reef junky

The way I do mine is as follows:
I have some air tubing and an air valve. I run the tubing from the main tank into the small holding tank where the fish awaits. I then begin the siphoning process and adjust the air valve until the water is slowly dripping to the small holding tank. Once the water doubles in volume, I scoop the fish out with a net and add him into the main tank. This has worked for me every time and I highly recommend it.

reef junky

Yes, but adding a half a cup of water is a much more drastic change than dripping drops of water into the holding tank.
The way I acclimate is proven and recommended by many fish sites and books.

djbabylove

He was just laying on the sand, but now he is just jumping all over the tank..Like he was having a sezure or somthing. Now he is laying back on the sand.

wocka

when he does that vibrating thing... i think they might be trying to shake off the ich from their bodys.. also if he rubbs up against coral thats another sign

wocka

well before mine got ich it looked like they were vibrating like a phone.. then rubbing up against my rocks.. then next morning stuck to the powerhead covered like it was snowing.. he was so stiff poor thing

reef junky

Fish, before they die, act like yours is now. Breathing heavily, jumping around like he has seizures, laying at the bottom. He wont last much longer.

djbabylove

Well thank you for your help and input. Like I said I will do my research next time. The supplier I have is the only one intown and has many beautiful saltwater fish. I will go for him for the fish but not for the advice.
:nope:

wocka

it suxs seeing a fish die and theres nothing u can do about it.. after all my fish die i take them to the porcelin exspress to heaven