is my Lawn mower blennie way too skinny?

ams153

no petcos i thought they were everywere and yeah petsmart does carry it there just called algae waffers theres tonsa different kinds u could try them they may work but most the kinds sink they dont sit at the top so i dont know what u want
Andrew

kablamo

well butch never goes to the top he always eats off of sand or rocks or glass, so i figure i need the type that sink

saltymist

Originally posted by Kablamo
I will try algae disks, and also i will post in the disease forum and see if anyone has an idea,
Bang, the problem with the nori that I'm feeding him is that he doesn't touch it, it eventually just desentigrates to nothingness.

My LMB wont eat the seaweed sheets either, it always disintigrates into my tank eventually. But mine chows down on Formula 1 flake and also likes the formula 2 pellets.
So now all my fish eat the same stuff and my LMB looks like he's going to pop all the time he's so fat.
My LMB lives peacefully with 2 false percs, and a firefish goby, the only time the LMB gets aggressive is against the smaller clown when the clown decides to go exploring the cave that the LMB has decided is his territory, otherwise they live quite peacefully together.

barry cuda

Sorry to hear this...but you may have saved my own LMB if I can act in time. After reading your thread I took a good hard look at my own, and he's definitely looking very emaciated. I frequently see him working away on the tank walls, and there are lots of scrapemarks on the rock, but I never see him eating the substantial hair algae that I'm still trying to get rid of.
He also doesn't show any interest in the nori that I sometimes put in for the foxface & emeralds. Can anyone recommend something else he's likely to eat so I can get him back into good health?

kablamo

Well You can lead a blenny to algae but you can't make him eat, try the classic "soak it in garlic" technique