Is thi normal!?

vsecret

I got a Picasso Trigger on Sunday and he has already eatten my cleaner shrimp on monday and today he ate my Pink spotted watchman goby! He eats like a pig, so I feed him twice a day, and he still ate my fish! My LFS said (because it was hers for 4 years) that her daughter fed it 3 times a day for that long. DO you think It is normal for him to eat my other fish because I'm not feeding hm as much as he was getting fed??

ibanez

In my opinion, fish do what fish do, some are fine with other fish, others aren't. I would wonder what other companions the trigger had with its other owner. I like triggers, but not enough to dedicate a tank to their special needs, that fish would be gone if it was me. If it can eat a watchman in one night, you should probably be feeding it about that much a day, and different variety foods. It might help, but no certainty.

vsecret

thanks everyone. I'm not sure what to do. I really like this fish a lot, but I dont want it to eat all my others. He seems to get a lot great with my green chromis, fox face, and clowns.

srfisher17

He'll probably be OK with most fish. Inverts are a natural food for them. Avoid very small fish and lionfish. They love the lions flowing fins. You can never be sure, almost any trigger can decide to munch a smaller fish--usually attacking the belly. BTW, how big is your tank? Cramped space=stress=aggression. Also, be sure he gets meaty chunks of food. Raw shrimp, squid, SW fish flesh, scallops, etc.