Is this a Torch or Frogspawn?

raptor72

I picked this up at my lfs this weekend under the name of a Torch coral. Once I placed it in my tank, it looked pretty similiar to my FS. I was looking for this thing with the green tips, I'm just wondering if it was labeled correctly. The first pic is of my FS, the second is the new coral. What do you think?

btldreef

Here's the easiest way to distinguish the three:
1) torch: nothing branching from tentacles. Tentacles do not have any off shape on the ends. People say they look like a long tentacle or condy anemone.
2) hammer: nothing branch from tentacles, but the ends are wider and shaped almost like a hammer or the head of a hammer head shark
3) Frogspawn: multiple little nubs are branching off each tentacle. They form a tight cluster and tend to look like a bunch of frog eggs (hence the name)

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/387128/is-this-a-torch-or-frogspawn#post_3403893
Here's the easiest way to distinguish the three:
1) torch: nothing branching from tentacles. Tentacles do not have any off shape on the ends. People say they look like a long tentacle or condy anemone.
2) hammer: nothing branch from tentacles, but the ends are wider and shaped almost like a hammer or the head of a hammer head shark
3) Frogspawn: multiple little nubs are branching off each tentacle. They form a tight cluster and tend to look like a bunch of frog eggs (hence the name)
Great info!!!