Is this thing good or bad?

zj4play

My tank is fairly new and I saw this tiny clear worm poking out of the rock last night feeling around. There was a white thing going up and down inside. Is it a good worm or should I get it out of there

sjgsm

Looks to me like a peanut worm. But I can't tell you for sure. If you usually only see it at night its more than likely a peanut worm. And if it is think of it as a free add to your cleanup crew

sfoister

You sure about that peanut worm thing? It looks like a tenticle of a spaghetti worm.... are there several of these little worms poking around? Spaghetti worms actually have several arms that come out that look like individual worms. I have a few of them in my tank and it looks like this.

sjgsm

i'm still pretty sure its a peanut worm... spaghetti worm you would more than likely have seen more of it in that picture alone...

mes1

well what ever type of worm it is.... most likely it is not something to worry about. like 95% of worms are benificial. but to be on the safe side i say keep a flashlight and camera handy and try to get a better pic for identification.

saltn00b

have to disagree with you there bang, (a rare thing!) but vermitids - IME -have this opaque hard shell like tube and they have a dark black body that can be seen at the tip, which spews out the sticky web fibers to catch food... doesnt like that to me :thinking:

zookeypr12

Sorry to butt into your thread but when I saw the pic of the vermadit? I recognized it cuz I have one......
next question if you dont mind is are they a good worm or bad worm. I notice alot of webbing from this little thing. :notsure: