Ismael's 25 gallon nano

maelv

I have this up on a couple of other sites....but always pop in here, so I thought I would throw it up here as well...
I decided I wanted to go smaller for when I get an Army Commission I can move around and not have a big tank to have to break down and set up every 3 - 5 years.....so I decided I was going to break down my 60 gallon cube and transfer it to a 25 gallon acrylic tank I made with DIY stand.
Lighting: Evolution LED
Return: Sicce 3
Controller: Reekeeper Lite
Powerhead: Vortech 10 es w
Skimmer: Octopus 110
I kept the existing sump that was on my 60 gallon
I am not good about taking pictures while I am making things and as of these pictures, I still needed to do some touching up on the stand, and actually lay the tile with adhesive and grout on the bar top (the face of the plywood was also tiled). I just simply placed the tiles on there on there for the picture.

The front panel has magnets, so it just comes out as a single piece.

Left side with cut out for the controller

Front with panel removed and sliding drawer where all of my equipment will go. I have two monster fans in there that will be programmed to turn on at a certain temp.

Close up of the tiles

maelv

Thinking I was going to switch over from the 60 to the 25 was going to be a fairly simple task and I would have an overstocked new tank......Well it was rather depressing. I had an overstock coral graveyard in a matter of a day, and casualties were wracking up. Not sure what happened, how or why.....But I lost about 90% of everything I had starting with the SPS.
Looks like i got a handle on it, and over the last week and a half i began to aggressively restock the tank. good thing wife doesn't look on these types of sites....she just turns a blind eye...
ORA Borealis

ORA Mauve Acro

ORA Purple Plasma

Scuba Stevo Hybrid Euphyllia

Tyree Flower Petal Cap

Random tank shots

The lone fish in there as of now

FTS

maelv

A couple of things I picked up this week,

ORA Pearlberry

ORA Chips

Garf Bonsai and Purple Valida

Bali Tri Color

Montipora Hispidus

ORA Joe the Coral

Pink Tulip

maelv

Also picked up this week.
This first one is another Pink Tulip, not quite sure what anything else is down below though. if you have any ideas, please do tell. Trying to get some names for my corals and try to track them

maelv

The one thing that is bothering me about this tank is the hair algae, but am working to get that under control. It is becoming an eyesore to me.

maelv

Thank you very much Spanko. I had an entire colony before on the 60 gallon before I lost it switching over. It looked a little different than it does now under different lighting.
Thank you Meowzer. Half of the pictures posted above were given to me for free. This local club member told me to come over to his office when I was up and running after my losses. I was expecting some throw away junk corals, and when I walked into his offiice I was amazed. He just kept giving me frags and mini colonies and when I asked how much I owed him, he said nothing. I walked out of that place with $200 - $300 worth in frags:
All of the ones in the unknown posting
Monti Hispidus
ORA Joe the Coral
Pink Tulip
and a couple of others I didn't photograph

maelv

Here are a couple of items I picked up from a local vendor last night.
ORA Hawkins

Monti Setosa

Superman Monti

Sunset Monti

Purple / Green Acan