It happened, a reef keepers worst Nightmare!

bigarn

Well... if it's any concillation the new floor looks really nice!
:)
The new set up looks great also..... :D
I agree.... the background would look awesome in black or midnight blue. :happyfish

scubadoo

I jsut purchased a used 110 set-up on ----. THe guy painted the glass with one coat of blue and the second coat was purple. I really like the look of this combination.

poprfd

I had the same thing happen, what a damn nightmare i was told this might happen because the glass was not that thick so i opted for the real thing when i went to but the new tank i went to a smaller tank 98gal custom built glass is about 1/2 inch thick i feel much safer now

ssweet1

Geez that happened to me the night before Christmas eve! Stayed up all night Christmas eve moving everything what a pain!! Carrie

iamcrazy

wow. i cant imagine wat was going through your mind when u started to see that crack form:eek: btw what fish store do u go to? i live in monmouth county but go to tropiquarium off rt.66 in ocean. most of the stuff is rediculously overpriced though.

poprfd

If anyone is interested my lfs is located in east hanoer nj "AQUATIC VISIONS " they have it all at great prices its almost worth the ride from monmouth county rt 10 east hanover

aquaman

Man, If I lived any closer I would come and give you a hand fixing and setting up, that has got to be hard to do, i a rush situation. I feel for you.:eek:

infalable

Ok Now I am concerned. Just yesterday I was looking at the 150 gal and greater tanks. Now I so so many peoply that have these problems. Now I am not so sure. What can be done to prevent this, if anything?

scubadoo

Infalable....make sure the tank glass or acrylic is thick enough given the tank size. When moving the tank once filled, take the contents out. When moving the empty tank make sure you keep it as level as possible. Make sure the tank is level before you fill it. Secure all large pieces of live rock or coral to make sure they do not fall and crack the glass. Inspect the tank closely when you purchase it for small cracks that may have happend when the tank was constructed.

shawnts106

BY GAH, I would be calling (name of tank brand) up and well, we will just say, saying alot of not nice words! LOL
Does it have a warrinty?.. My 75 gallon perfecto has a 4 year warranty.. however you spell that darn word!!!

thangbom

owwwie man that have gotto hurt some... i hope my tankdont go on me ever!!!!!!!! and man.. did u hav all the tubs and can ready for that to happen??? look like u save (or tried to) all your rock and sand??.... 1 q tho.. will they survive with just a powerhead?? no air pump???

fishtanker

Originally posted by bigarn
Well... if it's any concillation the new floor looks really nice!
:)

i was gonna say that too...looks real good.
i had the same thing happen to me on my 55gal about 6years ago.

doodle1800

Same thing happened to me too - a 75 gal, 1 week old. I heard it crack even. Pet Sm@art replaced all my equipment, power heads, filter, about $500 worth of equipment, new salt, etc.... still waiting for the insurance check though from them - 2 months now... :(

diverandy

Originally posted by JacknJill
i say put a black backround on it

I agree... Put the color in the items you put in the tank, not on the background. Those back grounds are not appropriate for reef tanks, IMHO...
Andy (-:

mbowker

it was a tough long weekend, but I finally got everything done. An So far I havent lost a single animal from corals to snails. My wife got her new floor and the tank is progressing nicely, The only thing my Rose Tip Anemone is retracting back into the rock, hopefully this will be temporary. The clown fish is going crazy trying to get to it.