It's going to be a LONG day!!!

egill

Just picked this up of CL.
240 8’x 2’x 2’ Acrylic Blue backed Reef Ready Center overflow
2 Custom Sea Life Compact Florescent Lights with 8 36” 96 watt total of 768watts
36”x18”x24” Wet/Dry filter
5 Mag 18 pumps
Oak Stand and Hood
200 pounds of live sand
140pounds of Kalini Live rock
1 Large Black Hawaiian Trigger 7-8” long
1 Yellow Tang 4-5”
1 Coral Beauty 4”
1 Large Naso Tang 6-7”
1 Lg Blue Hippo Tang 6”
1 Maroon Clown 4”
2 240 Aqua C Skimmer
One in use, one extra
1 Aqua UV Sterilizer
1 50 gallon mixing Rubbermaid Industrial tub
1 100 Gallon R/O Rubbermaid Industrial tub
1 5 Gallon buckets of Reef Crystals salt
So today is moving day!!!!!! His tank is in kinda rough shape has he works out of town and has let it go. Acyrlic is covered in a algae and choline algae. The rock work has a ton of a Aiptasia that will have to be taken care of as well. But for $1000 I don't think I'll have a problem doing that. He also gave me over 100 more lbs of base rock. Going over and getting the fish and rock first and putting the fish in QT then headed back as he drains the water and sand to get the tank, stand, canopy, light and sump. Glad he only lives 14 miles a way and we have a car hauler to use!!!!!! Sorry little excited over this. I'll do my best to document with pictures but it problably won't be for a day or 2 as I have my work cut out for me.
BTW went and looked at the tank last night and the fish are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

jackri

Sounds like an awesome set up!!!
You have your work cut out for you -- not a fan of the lighting but they should be fine for softies and definately good enough for fish.
I REALLY want a big tank in the future -- but I have to move first :)

egill

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3124633
Sounds like an awesome set up!!!
You have your work cut out for you -- not a fan of the lighting but they should be fine for softies and definately good enough for fish.
I REALLY want a big tank in the future -- but I have to move first :)
I'm not to concerned with the lights as of right now the plans are just FOWLR. May upgrade in the future to MH.

egill

Sorry, been a little preoccupied ;)

Live rock, sand misc tubs

1 of 2 of these skimmers

QT for now

Dunno which my favorite, the Naso or the Trigger

NASO

Maroon

Water being made

Tank before 2 hours of scrubbing by the wife

egill

Sump

Tank IN THE HOUSE...I've got good size family members so lifting this wasn't that bad. Those furniture dollies are the best.

95% clean. Should have taken more before pics

Feel bad for them right now but there going to LOVE going back to their old home once up and running.

Ballast

Well, that's a start.

242bats

looking great can't wait to start my 180gal this sat. that is also a used reef tank that i also got for a very good deal as you did good luck with you build

egill

When wife gets home we'll start moving in the sand!!!! Have about 260 lbs of it to move and I'm actually off work for 2 weeks with a back injury so I'll take any help I can get. Kept quite a bit of seed water in it so we don't lose any good stuff

egill

Originally Posted by 242bats
http:///forum/post/3125087
looking great can't wait to start my 180gal this sat. that is also a used reef tank that i also got for a very good deal as you did good luck with you build

Good luck with yours as well!! I still feel like I stole this system for the price. But he was just as happy to sell as I was too buy so works for everyone

egill

Originally Posted by Bulldog123
http:///forum/post/3125107
Is that Windex on the top of the tank!!!!!

it was used to get some dried sand off the stand. Would never use it on the acrylic. Put yes someone set it up there and I didn't notice until i took pictures and then hid the bottle. The tank move turned into a family get together as my brother brought his 6 kids over, then my uncle had his wife and 2 kids come over and we had a couple friends over as well.
yes I'll be using the old sand with some new sand I bought.

bulldog123

At least you didnt use it on the tank. I would still wipe everything down with vingar to make sure there is none left. I wouldnt recommend using it anywhere close to my tank. If that tank is more than 6 months old I would not just put the old sand back in the tank without rinsing it well. I hope you have read info on reusing sand.

mantisman51

Take care of your back man. I damaged the L3/4 and L4/5 five years ago and was told it was mild bulging. I am now so crippled up I have to walk with a cane. SERIOUSLY!!! Be very careful. The first few weeks are the most important time to allow healing. Take it from a 41 y/o cripple.

egill

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3125199
Take care of your back man. I damaged the L3/4 and L4/5 five years ago and was told it was mild bulging. I am now so crippled up I have to walk with a cane. SERIOUSLY!!! Be very careful. The first few weeks are the most important time to allow healing. Take it from a 41 y/o cripple.

Will do and thanks for the advice! I will hit 31 on thrusday so I'm not far behind ya. I had a MRI 2 weeks ago and it shows a mild bulge and I've got some numbing in my left leg from time to time. Doc took me off til this coming friday when I go back for a check up. If it weren't for my brother, wife, and uncle I could not have gotten this deal done. They won't let me lift anything.

mantisman51

Dang that is so much like what they said about mine. My L4/5 has desicated and a piece about 1/4 of the disc has broken loose and is putting pressure on my spine. The workmans comp insurance company forced me back to work after 2 weeks and it finished me off. Then they used a proceedural tactic to disqualify my claim. So I'm crippled and barely making a living now. I'm just telling you this to warn you what can happen, not to elicit sympathy. Take care of your back. Insurance companies and their doctors don't give a crap and will lie to you to get your guard down. Use my experience as a warning.