It's Wet!

csrobe02

Hey attml, how quiet does that tank run? I am getting a 120, the same as yours, and my only concern is the noise issue because the tank is going to go in the living room. Now people have said that the new way all glass does their tanks with the overflows in the center it makes them alot more quiet and allows for more flow.
Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

attml

CSRobe02,
It is very quiet! I actually bought the "Megaflow" overflow kits to go with it. They are durso style and I don't hear any gurgling at all. IMO definitely worth the extra $!!!
Tanksalot,
Thank you! The sand bed is about 3" deep. I have always been kind of a tweener w/sand beds. Not too deep, not too shallow!
MR. Tuna,
Thank you very much!
Mary,
Yep, frags are just fragments of a coral colony (which will eventually grow into colonies themselves).
Mark

logan15

ATT you inspired me to go with a 120 instead of a 125
How much did the tank cost with the MegaFlows

attml

Logan,
Thanks! I actually choose the 120 because I already had a 4ft dual MH/VHO Hood. If I didn't have that hood I may have gone for the 125 because I wish I had the additonal length. The tank was $399 reef ready (pre-drilled and dual overflows) and the overflow kits were $59 each from one of my LFSs. You could probably do better if you looked around!
Mark

logan15

yeah i was thinking of doing the 120 because of this
1.)Dual 400 Watt MH 195.00 (120)
Triple 250 Watt MH 365.00 (125)
2.)Wider
3.)Can use my current 110 Watt VHO's

attml

Don't feel dumb! Asking is how you learn and that is why we are all here!! Frags are just fragments (pieces) of a coral colony that have been cut or broken off (which will eventually grow into colonies themselves).
Mark

attml

Here is the same exact frag all grown up a little less that a year later (almost a colony)

tanksalot

That is awsome growth!! It is tanks like yours that keep me going.
If you dont mind me asking why are you a tweener on sandbeds? The only reason I ask is because I am in process of removing cc from my tank and about ready to ad sand. And I am very unsure how much sand I want to go with. That is if I can ever find any southdown.