I've Been Bitten by the Salt BUG

Well I thought my 29 gallon was going to be my only salt tank but I'm going to be a getting a 75-90 gallon aquarium. I'd like to keep a few of my dream fish! The first being a bi-color angelfish or a coral beauty angelfish, either a yellow tang or powder blue tang, and a maroon clownfish.
How would this stock sound for a 75-90 gallon?:
1 maroon clownfish
1 bi-color angelfish or 1 coral beauty
1 yellow tang
1 powder blue tang
1 orange spot diamond goby (upgraded from a 29)
and maybe a blue throat trigger
this would also be a fish only with live rock tank.
Would I be ok for about a month or 2 to qt the bicolor angel in the 29?

bang guy

I would suggest you avoid the Powder Blue and the Trigger.

The Powder Blue could work in the 90 but it will always be stressed and that's not an enjoyable experience.

The Trigger will grow fairly large after a few years and start to fight for territory. All of your fish will be at risk at that point.

If you keep the stocking light I believe a Yellow Tang could thrive. I have no worries about a dwarf angel.

lmforbis

Or you could consider a Kole OR Tomini tang instead of the yellow and Powder blue. All tangs are prone to Ich but Powder blues are very prone, and are known to be pretty aggressive as the get older. I know nothing about triggers.
I love bicolor angels but have never had any luck with them. I ended up with a flame. Maroon clowns are one of my favorites. They can be pretty aggressive, more so than other clowns. I got mine in May and she was about an inch long. She has doubled in length in the 6 months I've had her. I hear they get to about 6 inches. Currently mine is not aggressive except toward my mag float, she hates that thing. I'd plan on adding that toward the end when your less aggressive fish have settled in.

I would suggest you avoid the Powder Blue and the Trigger.

The Powder Blue could work in the 90 but it will always be stressed and that's not an enjoyable experience.

The Trigger will grow fairly large after a few years and start to fight for territory. All of your fish will be at risk at that point.

If you keep the stocking light I believe a Yellow Tang could thrive. I have no worries about a dwarf angel.
I might grab a yellow tang then and keep the stock light.
How would this stock be:
-1 yellow tang
-1 foxface
- my diamond goby who will be upgraded from the 29 gallon
- either a maroon or my black and whites
- Flame angel, bi color or lemon peel
- and a pink spot goby
Or you could consider a Kole OR Tomini tang instead of the yellow and Powder blue. All tangs are prone to Ich but Powder blues are very prone, and are known to be pretty aggressive as the get older. I know nothing about triggers.
I love bicolor angels but have never had any luck with them. I ended up with a flame. Maroon clowns are one of my favorites. They can be pretty aggressive, more so than other clowns. I got mine in May and she was about an inch long. She has doubled in length in the 6 months I've had her. I hear they get to about 6 inches. Currently mine is not aggressive except toward my mag float, she hates that thing. I'd plan on adding that toward the end when your less aggressive fish have settled in.

I might just stick to the yellow tang, dream fish of mine.
If I get a maroon, it will either be a lighting maroon or the gold stirpe 4-5'' one that has been in the LFS display since christmas 2013. No one is buying him feel bad for him. It's just him, a HUGE blue hippo tang, and some watchman gobies with corals.

lmforbis

Should work. I'd look at the different kinds of rabbit fish, not just the fox face, they all seem to have similar temperaments but ther are some really unusual colorations out there that are quite beautiful. I have a scribbled rabbit fis who is quite beautiful. I like to watch

Should work. I'd look at the different kinds of rabbit fish, not just the fox face, they all seem to have similar temperaments but ther are some really unusual colorations out there that are quite beautiful. I have a scribbled rabbit fis who is quite beautiful. I like to watch
Yea the LFS has a bunch of rabbits in, I like the scribbled too.
There's a guy selling a 90 gallon FOWLR tank on Craigslist for $550 and it comes with a moray eel, lion fish, blue hippo tang, and some damsels all of which may be going to the lfs except for maybe the fire shrimp and chocolate chip starfish if I do get this tank.

lmforbis

Yeah I love eels but they limit tank mates and tend to commit sushi. I had one for a long time till he escaped. I never saw the thrill of lions they don't do much but can sting you. Hippo needs a lot of space, much more than a 90 gallon. I love blue damsels but I have none. Once I am satisfied with my fish I'll get one or two. You should get some good store credit.
I'd advise against getting an adult maroon clown. It is much easier to get a young one to get along with other fish.

Then they should be a fine addition. I had a couple in my fish only tank years ago and had to get rid of them after I convertes to a reef.