Jacksdad's 24 NC

jacksdad

Originally Posted by Nano_Nut
Hey sorry but could you tell me what kind of lighting you have? Anyway you could post pics of your hood? Or give me a link with photos?
I have 178W total.. 108W PC, 72 daylight and 36 actinic to go along with 70W MH. Hood has four fans. 2 factory and 2 installed with mod for extra cooling. Temps run in the low 80's without any chilling. Ambiant temps range from 75 to 78 year round.
Here is a pic or two... note that the actinic bulb are not installed in these pics.
Bob

nano_nut

Thanks Alot! Too me it all looks overkill lol but whatever works best huh??? I hope i'm able to be as industrious in my future tanks!

crox

jacksdad
I want to get a nano for my kitchen. Do you use the stock filtration of did you add something extra to your 24 JBJ nano?

jacksdad

Originally Posted by Nano_Nut
Thanks Alot! Too me it all looks overkill lol but whatever works best huh??? I hope i'm able to be as industrious in my future tanks!
The main reason for the mod is to have the ability to keep SPS and other high light corals.
Originally Posted by Crox

]I want to get a nano for my kitchen. Do you use the stock filtration of did you add something extra to your 24 JBJ nano?
I took everything out of the rear chambers and run Chemipure and half of the sponge that's it. I tried the fission protein skimmer with no success, too much evap.
Bob

jacksdad

Originally Posted by Crox
So I guess you do a lot of water changes.
Every other week, about 3 to 4 gallons.

k7230o

Hey Jacksdad,
you have an awsome tank. I also Like your MH mod on your canopy. Do you do installs? I am willing to send you my canopy. Tell me what you think..

jacksdad

Originally Posted by k7230o
Hey Jacksdad,
you have an awsome tank. I also Like your MH mod on your canopy. Do you do installs? I am willing to send you my canopy. Tell me what you think..
Thanks!!!
A friend of mine did the hood for me and he just got a fulltime job so he doesn't have the time to do anymore right now. I told him to let me know when and if he frees up.
Bob

blueberryboomer

Your tank is BEAUTIFUL! I would kill for some of those purple polyps, they are so beautiful! Can you find them anywhere online to buy? The only time I have ever seen any of the really nice colored ones have been when looking at the tanks on the board, I have never seen them for sale anywhere.
Your tank is Stunning!
Lisa

jacksdad

Thanks! I still think I have a long way to go!!
Which purples are you speaking of, the polyps with the green skirts? Some of the nicest zoos I have gotten have been from frag and thermos swaps. I just realized you are in MI :cheer:
Where is Fort Gratiot? There is a LFS having a swap on June 25th, you should come.
Bob

blueberryboomer

Fort Gratiot is about an hour N or Detroit. We're 10-15 minutes from the Blue Water Bridge.
Yes, I was referring to the purple/green polyps, they are amazing!
We have never gone to a swap before, we would like to attend one, but my only problem right now is, we can't really do to much right now, the only tank we will be stocking anytime soon is the new nano. (we have brown diatons(sp) always hated to spell that word, so we are on our way) our other two tanks are down, we lost all our fish a few months back during some re-modeling so we have them down for now, but plan on getting them up and running again when we are done. Is there a way I can find out when and where the different swaps take place so when we are ready to start adding I can look in to them.
Thanks in advance, Lisa :cheer:

wla1610

Jacksdad, would it be possible to purchase 1 or 2 ployps of that green skirt/purple zoo? I live in Kenosha Wi so I'd be willing to take a chance on overnight delivery etc all at my expense.
Let me know, ggage@wi.rr.com is my email addy

sinaloa213

Originally Posted by jacksdad
I have 178W total.. 108W PC, 72 daylight and 36 actinic to go along with 70W MH. Hood has four fans. 2 factory and 2 installed with mod for extra cooling. Temps run in the low 80's without any chilling. Ambiant temps range from 75 to 78 year round.
Here is a pic or two... note that the actinic bulb are not installed in these pics.
Bob
can u custom make that for me?