Jager Heaters & stuff

meowzer

Just got my new Jager heaters for the 29G and the 54G.....Apparently they are submersible....BUT NOT fully submersible

I thought that was kinda the point of getting these :(
Also got my aqua-lifter....How do you use it on a standard dual hose overflow...(not a CPR)?
Also got my Rio Nano skimmer for the 10G.....Might put it on tonight....might wait till tomorrow......It has been a rough week, and I just don;t think I feel like messing with anything tonight
ALSO...got my new bulbs for the Dual satellite on the 54G......probably change them tomorrow too...The last change was 9/09....OOPS...a little late, but stuff is looking fine
that's all for now

scott t

NIce Meowzer Congratz on getting the new stuff. It must almost be like Christmas getting all that stuff and taking out of the box..

scott t

Yeah I hear you there I will have to do that also, the will love me too when i get the tank set up and start ordering stuff..LOL

tlsohio

The Ebo Jagers aren't submerable??? I have jagers and they are underwater, do the directions tell you, you can't submerse them?? Make sure you didn't get defective ones, bummer!!
How do your siphon tubes work, I have some that have air tube that runs up to the top inside of the tube.

meowzer

have not put the siphon together yet...maybe tomorrows job....LOL
There is a minimum water level line on it.....and The instructions explicitly say..."Water level must never be below minimum mark" THEN IT SAYS..."
DO NOT SUBMERGE
Then it says "Water level must never be OVER water level mark (3)" which is the little arrow on the top dial that points to the temperature #
SOOOO you have about 1 1/2 " where the water level should be

meowzer

Check this out...
Picture one is the outside sticker on the box

Pic 2...is the picture on the box of the water line

Pic 3....Instructions

Pic 4...the actual top of the heater...the squiggly line on the bottom is the minimum level line.....there is no line at the top like the box shows...and according to the illustration in the directions, the little arrow by the temp # is where the highest level the water should go

I thought I should also add the pic in the instructions of their diagram

monsinour

I have a similar heater, its the 150w instead of the 100w. And yes it is completely under water and there is no stray voltage. I can snap some photos of it if you like and post them tomorrow. I can say this, whatever temp you set the heater to, that is the temp the tank will be. I like my heater and only wish it was smaller to fit in the sump.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381491/jager-heaters-stuff#post_3323546
LOL....yup....The UPS and Fed EXP peeps love me

I do A LOT of online shopping..
Whatever happened to that yearly spend thread? Not that I really want to face up to the facts.
Its not like I have a problem addiction like some of you do, my spending is completely under control.
I have finally purchased the LAST of the major equipment requirements last month.
Well, except for a few minor things. Oh, and those other things.
and more tools
maybe upgraded bulbs, but thats it, done.
and more variety of food
maybe some acclimation things..but thats IT!
well, I really need a reef test kit
filter bags and some new chemipure.
nothing much really....
and my first coral maybe in a month.
then some coral food, but that is it!
well, then the next coral, and the next, but
I will keep that spending well under control.
a nano skimmer for the QT would be nice
but that would be all I need. ever.
well, except for....

tlsohio

Meowzr, that is the same exact heater that I have and I have mine fully submersed. I do not know what line/number three is regarding too. If you still have concerns, look for a 800 number and make a phone call to put your mind at ease. But I know that you have a submersable heater. Maybe, get a picture of the overflow so that it will be easier to advise on the aqua lifter.TTYL

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlsohio http:///forum/thread/381491/jager-heaters-stuff#post_3323739
Meowzr, that is the same exact heater that I have and I have mine fully submersed. I do not know what line/number three is regarding too. If you still have concerns, look for a 800 number and make a phone call to put your mind at ease. But I know that you have a submersable heater. Maybe, get a picture of the overflow so that it will be easier to advise on the aqua lifter.TTYL
I'm not really concerned...LOL....I was just pointing out how odd that the box, instructions, and diagram....all show and say different things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour
http:///forum/thread/381491/jager-heaters-stuff#post_3323720
I have a similar heater, its the 150w instead of the 100w. And yes it is completely under water and there is no stray voltage. I can snap some photos of it if you like and post them tomorrow. I can say this, whatever temp you set the heater to, that is the temp the tank will be. I like my heater and only wish it was smaller to fit in the sump.
I also just received the 150W for the 54G...I will probably put them in later. Right now I have my stealths....they always work great for me, and are fairly new....BUT after the stories....IDK...I got the Jagers
NEXT on the list are the FInnex for the 225G

kender

Is it bad that the UPS and the FedEx delivery drivers specifically know me know because they stop at my house so darn much? Is that a sign that I have an online shopping addiction? Should I get help? I have asked myself this question over and over Meowzer because its the they really REALLY do know me on a first name basis I order so much stuff. Hehehe (btw, the answer is no. I dont need help, there is noooooo problem here, these arent the droids your looking for)

scsinet

The Jager/Submersible story is a long one that I've had to explain too many times to fully type out.
Basically it involved the aquisition of Ebo by Eheim, and the loss of UL/CSA certifications for the product which prevented them from being able to market them as being submersible.
The heaters have always been the EXACT SAME heaters, same design, everything, but because they lost the certificationa and had to go through the process again to re-gain it, they couldn't market the heaters as such until that happened. The heaters are the same ones that Ebo sold as submersible and Eheim (now that they have the certification) is now selling as submersible.
They are all submersible, you're fine, dunk away, no problem, no worries. :)

tlsohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSInet http:///forum/thread/381491/jager-heaters-stuff#post_3324691
The Jager/Submersible story is a long one that I've had to explain too many times to fully type out.
Basically it involved the aquisition of Ebo by Eheim, and the loss of UL/CSA certifications for the product which prevented them from being able to market them as being submersible.
The heaters have always been the EXACT SAME heaters, same design, everything, but because they lost the certificationa and had to go through the process again to re-gain it, they couldn't market the heaters as such until that happened. The heaters are the same ones that Ebo sold as submersible and Eheim (now that they have the certification) is now selling as submersible.
I did not know that...interesting, thanks for sharing.

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSInet http:///forum/thread/381491/jager-heaters-stuff#post_3324691

atrain5851

The jager heaters ARE submersible. It is because they are made in europe, i think i heard that they do test them for submersion. But my local fish store submerses their jager heaters and i submerse my own at home