Jaguars cheat

k-rok

Ok I have to vent a little, and I'm not one to whine after a loss, but the Jags beat the Steelers unfairly. Look at any offensive play from the Jags and you'll see holding everywhere - yet they call it on Sean Mahan (WHO WAS NOT HOLDING - MADDEN EVEN SAID IT!!!!!) of the Steelers and negate what would have been a successful 2point conversion. Yes, Hines Ward grabbed the defenders facemask - I'll give them that - but the Jags holding was going on all night and never called - ESPECIALLY on David Garrard's run in the fourth quarter. The Steelers played sloppy in the first half and on special teams I admit - but would have won the game had the refs not been blind. Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKzW3oZh2Q
and this:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08007/847253-66.stm
JAGS FANS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR TEAM - THEY COULDN'T BEAT THE STEELERS FAIR AND SQUARE - HAD TO CHEAT. NICE.

burch2006

because madden is a pure football genious...
. You guys shouldn't of even scored your last TD when it was 4th and 5 from the goalline. Ward drug the cb through the endzone by his facemask. If anything it was offensive pass interference. Quit your whining it was a clean game. Im shocked a stooler fan would cry about penalties ever seeing as how you were gift wrapped a superbowl (xl).

ruaround

sounds as though someone needs a hug and a cookie...
the Steelies were just as guilty on several other plays so Steelies fans should be just as ashamed... the game was poorly officiated and im sure on Tuesday the Rich Eisen will drag Mike Pereira over the coals about ALL of the missed calls on both
sides of the ball...

rs1831

look at it this way...it saved you from being destroyed next week! Just be happy because they would have lost by 40 next week.

tangman99

You have got to be kidding me! LOL! The first quarter looked like the Steelers had paid off the Refs. You can review any game out there and find faults with the Refs game calling but saying the Jags cheated is comical at best. Believe me. I work with several die-hard Steeler fans that would be all over this if there was any remote chance it even looked like it happened that way and none of them has said a word.
I have to agree with my bro' Ruaround. It was a poorly officiated game but it was equally poor.

k-rok

So where was the call on this play?

Yeah that looks fair. No problem.
Sad thing is he still caught the ball - Hines Ward is the man and better than anyone the Jags has. The Jags will be the ones getting destroyed next week as a broken down and tired Steelers team took them to the edge. I'll be smiling next weekend as the Jags get destroyed. =)

ice4ice

Don't be surprised if Jags beat the Pats at their own game ... by cheating. Oh well - what comes around goes around for the Pats. ROFLMAO !!!

J

jrthomas40

how did the jags cheat???...they were the visiting team if anyone should have been getting the "leg up"...the steelers were just out played and made more mistakes and few big plays when it counted than the jags...i like the jags but it baffels me how they CAN NOT beat the texans (who actually had a decent season this year) for the life of the team but can turn around and beat a 10-5 team like the steelers 2 times AT HOME...the steelers just lost the game...and as an official you can not call everything and sometimes you have to let a lot of the go because it is a physical game and being ticky tacky on close calls takes away from the game so it is best to call the obvious....now the pic you posted should have been called personal foul but that was an official slip up

kerriann

ya, I'm a Steeler fan myself and believe me, it's a saaaaad day in the office but you're making us look bad whining about the loss. We just weren't strong enough Saturday night. It was an enjoyable game to watch but we just couldn't pull it off. There's always going to be calls that aren't called

kjr_trig

Spare me Steeler Fans!!! You guys never would have won the Superbowl 2 years ago were it not for the Zebras. Seattle outplayed you then in every aspect of that game.

k-rok

Originally Posted by KerriAnn
ya, I'm a Steeler fan myself and believe me, it's a saaaaad day in the office but you're making us look bad whining about the loss. We just weren't strong enough Saturday night. It was an enjoyable game to watch but we just couldn't pull it off. There's always going to be calls that aren't called
I'm not whining - I'm stating the facts. The Steelers played poorly in the first half, the Jags were holding on pretty much every play on offense, and the Steelers got called for holding that didn't happen on a critical play of the game. You call yourself a fan - Maybe you should support the team because what happened Saturday night was a crime. I'm not totally blaming the loss on the refs - but wow was there some bad calls/no-calls in that game. (Yes, even H. Wards face-mask.)
And to all the idiots that are still crying about Super Bowl XL - the Steelers earned that victory - winning 8 games on the road is no small task - and do I need to remind you of Willie Parker's record setting 75 yard run??? Yeah, sure, just got lucky.

k-rok

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
Don't be surprised if Jags beat the Pats at their own game ... by cheating. Oh well - what comes around goes around for the Pats. ROFLMAO !!!
LOL - it'll be the "Cheat Bowl" - at least the Pats will have proof on their own tape that the Jags hold on every play. haha!

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by K-ROK
And to all the idiots that are still crying about Super Bowl XL - the Steelers earned that victory - winning 8 games on the road is no small task - and do I need to remind you of Willie Parker's record setting 75 yard run??? Yeah, sure, just got lucky.
You earned it!?!?!? Seattle outgained you almost 2 to 1 in yards and had fewer turnovers....You earned it??? That offensive interference on Darrell Jackson on the TD went down as the worst call in SB history....You earned it!!!

Good ridance to Pittsburg, I was at the game this year when the Cardinals spanked em....All the Pitt fans were obnoxious before the game....Real quiet afterwards.

aquaknight

LOL - it'll be the "Cheat Bowl" - at least the Pats will have proof on their own tape that the Jags hold on every play. haha!
Oh jesus christ. I just banged my knee on my computer desk at work I was laughing so hard....

jerthunter

Originally Posted by bjoe23
Even if they cheat next week they wont have a chance

I agree, even when the Patriots cheat next week, they will still lose.

bjoe23

u can make excuse up all day. I doesnt matter, what teams win? WEll i think the jags beat the steelers, and i think the patriots are undefeated. Quit whinning

bjoe23

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
I agree, even when the Patriots cheat next week, they will still lose.
the patriots will lose?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by bjoe23
the patriots will lose?
Oh, I thought that was what you were saying.. You mentioned that even if they cheat they won't have a chance... I see the word 'cheat' and automatically picture the patriots..