jebo odyssea lighting

dadummy

hello folks,
just wondering if anyone has used jebo odyssea lighting, it seems many people are bidding on ----.
Are these light fixtures any good?
I know if you buy cheap trash bags, they break!
thinking the same for cheap lighting.
any info is helpful
thanks for your time

S

sonicboom1

I have the 260w for my 55 gallon..pretty good lights, only 2 fans on the far side, so it gets pretty hot. 3 switches, stands are plastic and not the best but for what I paid, very worth it.

maingo

I have the 260watt setup,for the price very nice fixture i did replace the two daylight bulbs with better 10k's but still payed way less then anything on the market. Blue moons are very cool. Seems its 50/50 out there though alot say good alot say bad. I say good.

sprang

Well for starters they are not u.l. listed so they could burn down your house! Also they are not true spectrum lights, more like painted bulbs. We tested one at my l.f.s and unfortunatly found them very faulty. So your trash bag theory holds true I.M.o.

daking

Now with the 4*65 260 watt model can u buy higher wattage bulbs and put in there like 96 and have 4*96 or does it only support 65 watts?

hot883

I have the 260w model w/2 fans. Only problem I had is with the fans. Stopped working after about 2 months. They were loud anyway. No worries though, mine do not get hot so it's fine. I paid $119 including shipping for mine on the auction site. I also bought another one as a back up that only cost me $109 with shipping.

fishermon

I just got a Odyssea light for xmas. Is has 2 175w MH & 2 96w PC w 6 moonlghts. I just installed it 2 days ago. I like it very much so far, but it's too soon to give a real good opinion.
Can't beat the price. I paid $339 + $52 shipping.

A

andretti

Yep, my son bought the same deal and it lasted about two months. In addition, the lights were not actinics, they were just simply blue; it even sais that on the bulb..."blue." remember, you get what you pay for and as you know, nothing in this hobby is cheap. Cheap things are not good and good things are not cheap.

maingo

That might have been the dealer you bought them from that did you on the actinics, as for mine they are true actinics.

maingo

Im sorry, but that is so not true. There is this thing called a budget and different class's of budgets. And for the money it is a really nice light. Some people cant and just wount dish out 300 to 500 dollars on a tank light. Also with my research before i bought mine you do have to watch who you buy from alot that have had problems with them can stat themselfs the custumer service sucked, so you can just guess what there quality control is like. I like my light and if it only last a year thats great by then i should have the money saved for a better setup. Alot forget most people cannot jump into a hobbie buying the best of everything. My 2cents

cheapfish1

i absolutly love mine. Just dont use the hanging kit although they will still work after being dropped in the water and on i dont think it was good for them.
definitly buy, they are awesome.
P.S. i hate all these people that say things are bad but have never used them they just assume that since they dont cost 2 thousand dollars then they suck.

milomlo

I have a 130 watts of PC on my tank and I like them just fine. The only thing is the set I bought only has 1 cord. Of course after I bought mine, now they offer the same set with 2 cords, so you can set a timer for your moon light and for your day light. ARRRGGG
Other than that. So far so good. I will buy better light bulbs when these need replacing

A

andretti

Look around this site and see how many people rip on Jebo. If it's not broke now...it will be soon. I mean come on, a skimmer that's rated for a 100 gallon tank (P/H included) for $35. Or a 48" 220 watt compacts for under $100. Very soon you will need to replace these cheap overseas knock-offs, and pay for a somewhat quality product and the only thing you've done is waste hard earned money for their crap! Come on people, what do you think will happen when similar lighting systems (all) cost several hundred dollars and you see these ones all over that famous auction site for 1/10 of the cost. :notsure:

gbosh

I bought a 48" 4X65 watt unit . I plugged it in on1/4/06 and one ballast was dead by 1/15/06. Weaponspeed gave a phone number to call that was a wholesaler. There is no warenty, and the wholesaler was unresponsive. Does anyone know of a source for parts for this inferior product? I would appreciate the help.

04mach

I had a Jebo fixture that lasted over 2 years (I agree the blue bulbs should be replaced) with no issues. Unfortunatley I sold it when I moved,I know have a 30 gall. cube that I have just put the Jebo Odyssea system on it. I im pleased with it so far 20" 175w HQI 48w power compacts and 2 blue moonlights for $200.00.