jebo skimmer don't work?? yeah right!!

benter

this is after one day and is quite typical of the skimmatte I get every day or 2..this has been about 18 hrs after cleaning...not bad for a35.00 skimmer in my opinion...of course I've made a couple of simple mod's..

benter

Just simply turn the pump around..intake up...I keep it about 1/2-3/4" below the surface..all I had to do was add another 90 to the piping..I will try and get a picture of it for you...

benter

not sure about the size..it was actually an u tube off a old canister filter I had...fits inside the existing tubing pretty good... and no i don't use the prefilter...just something else to try and keep clean...I don't really have anything very small to get sucked in...I have had no probs running it this way for over a year now...

benter

I'm with you trainfever...I don't know about on a larger tank...but it seems to do just fine on my 55...I will be honest and admit that I have recently bought a (used) Turboflotor 1000 for my 125 that I am about to get started...But for small tanks..best $35.00 I have ever spent!!

beaver

I got an elbow and hooked it up like that today (also moved it to the back of my tank about 4 inches of extra tube, long story but my skimmer has pe be on the side not the back) and its working better already.. Its only 4 days old btw. Still breaking in. I kid you guys not as soon as I had the 90 in there and turned it on it started makeing bigger bubbles and produceing better dookie.

kaotik

where do you get those Jebo Skimmers??
Ive heard that they are comparable to the SeaClone...is this true?

benter

z28..haven't come up with anything in awhile for the jebos..Tried adding a compressor to the intake of the skimmer..It was too hard to adjust the thing though..

akurr16

Originally Posted by Benter
this is after one day and is quite typical of the skimmatte I get every day or 2..this has been about 18 hrs after cleaning...not bad for a35.00 skimmer in my opinion...of course I've made a couple of simple mod's..
I am looking for a skimmer and aperntly this seems to work pretty well. where did u get it for $35.

benter

the famous auction site...good luck...I have heard there is a cpr bakpak "copy" that they have started making!!!

benter

I believe that the jebo is a venturi, and
i want to say that the turboflotor I use is a cc...if you are asking me!!

shiby1510

I was just generally asking everyone... thanks for the reply...
I was thinking about looking into one of these and I was just wondering the brands everyone was using