Jeremy's tank pictures

jerthunter

I tried to clean my severly coraline covered side of my tank today, but apparently after over a year it has gotten rather hard to remove... So I took some side view pictures.

jerthunter

I am going to start off my third page with some new zoos, the pictures do not do them justice but here they are.

jerthunter

A few things happened with my tank lately, My torch coral melted away, I suspect it was a bacterial infection. Nothing else has died yet although I noticed a loss of tissue on my gorgonian so I trimmed the branch off, hopefully the gorgonian will last. I also installed my new DIY sump. I'll attach pictures and give a total cost:
1 10 gal tank ~ $9
4 pieces of window glass cut to size from Lowe's ~ $5
Clear silicon ~ $5
1 work light from Sears hardware ~ $6
1 26 watt PC spot light ~ $6
Misc PVC and PVC cement ~ $10
1 Euroreef RS-80 skimmer ~ $220
Sand & return pumps ~ left over so I don't know the cost
Total = $261
So far I am very pleased with my new sump, although I had to glass for the baffles cut too small so I had to fill the gap with a lot of silicon and while fitting in the skimmer and such I broke one baffle free of the silicon, the remedy for this was a high priced spare test tube to space between the loose baffle and the next one.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by larryndana
didn't know you could get glass cut at lowes
It was either Lowes or Home depot, I think I called Home depot first and they didn't but Lowes did. They only had standard window glass, maybe 1/8 inch think but they cut it to size and it works great for baffles.

jerthunter

Thanks! I really like the newest zoo frags I got, I just wish the green ones and the orange ones would open up more like the red ones. It doesn't show up in the picture but the red ones have a bright pink centers that glow under actinic light.
I should get an updated picture of my hammer, It is getting huge but after the death of my new torch coral I do not plan on fragging anything anytime soon.

jerthunter

Name that zoo! Just some updated pictures of some newer zoos, I usually just name them by their color but now that I have more I need a better way to name them, so I'll take suggestions.

jerthunter

Nothing new, just new pictures of old corals. I probably won't get any new corals for awhile, all my money will be going to replacing old equipment and fixing my sump that is falling apart.