jetskikings 120g mixed reef

rigdon87

BEATIFUL!
.I have the same tank and pretty much the exact same setup and love it, neat little tanks
P.S how you likeing GH world tour

J

jetskiking

The frag tank was added on a few months after I built the main sytem. I do have a couple of pics of me building it but I will have dig them up. Its basically like the 120 though. I built the two stands to match. The frag tank is plumbed into the main setup with a mag 5. One notable thing I did, you can notice in the picture I made the light adjustable to light acclimating the corals easier.

J

jetskiking

Well here is the reason I havn't posted any pictures of the aquarium now. I have been battling bryopsis. I have had to move a lot of my corals to get them out of the way of the bryopsis so it didn't choke them out. Anyway I have also been doing some expiermentation on removing it.
When I was doing my research on how to get rid of this pest I was not encouraged. Seems bryopsis has been the downfall of many aquariums. I had seen many people that tore down and started over. Seems nothing short of pulling the rock out and boiling it would kill it.
After finding out a little more it seemed some people had had success getting rid of it by raising their magnesium. It also looked like only one brand would work. People believed its an impurity from manufacturing that kills it. I wasn't entirely convinced so I figured I would do some playing around with it myself. I started raising my magnesium with another brand. It seemed to stunt it a little but No noticable difference. I then tried another brand with the same results.
Well I finally broke down and bought the Kent. I started dosing it on Tuesday when it got here I raised my Mag back up from 1400 to 1750 over the past couple of days. Haha success
Here are some pics before and after. I took the before pic Tuesday and the after pic this morning.
Here is a before full tank shot you can see all my corals scattered on the sanbed and all over the place.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/3135488
Looking alot better.. Still dying back?
Saved my 2500th post for this..lol
Its ALL gone now
. I'm going to hold at 1750 for about 4 weeks so it dosn't come back. I will take some more pics when the halides turn on
2500 posts
That makes you an expert, LOL. I'm honored

Good to see somebody with sucess getting ride of it. I have read so many that did break down their tanks. Have to remember that it's the Kent Mag that takes care of the issue.

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by usefulidiot213
http:///forum/post/3135621
Good to see somebody with sucess getting ride of it. I have read so many that did break down their tanks. Have to remember that it's the Kent Mag that takes care of the issue.

Yep, I was skeptical to say the least so I had to prove it to myself. I tried others to no avail. As soon as I added the tech M, I started seeing dieoff. People are thinking its a byproduct from the manufacturing because its ingredients are the same as others (magnesium chloride/sulfate). You also can't be afraid to get the levels pretty high. I havn't had any negative effects as of yet.

J

jetskiking

Thanks, I'm waiting on around 80 more lbs of rock to cycle and I'm gonna put it back together. I needed to reaquascape anyway LOL.

J

jetskiking

I got the camera out and played with it. I'm still playing around trying to get true color representations with my camera.
FTS

ORA green birdsnest

Tyree agent orange acan and favia

couple more acans

Cali tort and Leng sy cap

ORA supernatural cap

Misc. zoas

More zoas

Frogspawn

Top down of left front

J

jetskiking

Thanks, I have more

Ricordia

More zoas

Eagle eyes

ORA maxima

ORA toadstool

ORA pearlberry

ORA Hawkins blue

Some more zoas and Jimmy

Micro's

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3136948
Wow, really nice shots... Glad the mag worked for ya...I will have to remember that..
Lets hope you never have to use it. It works if you do though.

desertdawg

Beautiful colors, hopefully I can get mine to look like that one day!
Love the zoas, the yellow/green ones in picture 5161 is fantastic!!!