jobs at 15

mopar9012

Originally Posted by ruaround
do you live close to snellville or lithonia???
start a pool cleaning service...or a tank cleaning service... or a combo of the two...

i live close to winder...if you know where that is...if you dont i live kinda close to athens.
ill see if i can get some of the pools phone numbers

nflnutswif

I live in Texas and there are many places that hire - 15, limited hours (by law). But if you want to caddy, wear nice clean shorts and a clean shortsleeved polo style shirt. Hair should be neat and clean to. I'm telling you this from experience. Not just the Golf Courses requiring a dress code, most golfers will choose you over a sloppier looking caddy. My son used to come home with $200 a day!
It's hard work.

lovethesea

thats why I mentioned caddying. I came home with over $100 bucks a day.......and that was several years ago. My daughter will start next summer and she chomping at the bit.

moby

thats why I mentioned caddying. I came home with over $100 bucks a day.......and that was several years ago. My daughter will start next summer and she chomping at the bit.
And it is great exercise!
Moby

reefdude37

I work at my granma's house at the pool, She pays me as a "pool boy", I get to vacum out the pool, pressure wash, stuff like that, cant forget swimming!

S

sea_star

I have some friends who got jobs at grocery stores like Giant at 15.

ross

I use to make alot of money pet-sitting. Just print out some flyers...tell them you can take care of dogs, cats, salwater and freshwater fish tanks, etc. Somtimes you will get people with spoiled rotten dogs who will pay you some serious bucks to baby them for a few days. It was fun for me, but i love animals...
It can also lead to other jobs, if the people like you they will ask for yard work, etc....

pyro

I started teaching swim lessons at our school in seventh grade. Didn't make much due to the fact swim lessons were only a couple months a year and not many hours.
Buuut, at 15 you can get red cross cert'd for lifegaurding =). I've been doing that now and pull 40 hours a week in the summer and probably about 25 during the school year.
It has completely supported my 30g minus electric fees and the such, gas, lunch, car insurance, and girlfriends the whole way through high school. It feels really rewarding to look at it and say I put that up with my own money. Even if it doesn't look much like a reef and has half living cyano all through the one corner currently; still mine.
Good Luck!

yimmy

I'm 15...my mom does editing and booking for flights for her company, she also sets up training. So she was paying me 10$ an hour for helping her schedule, and put together and help her out. I was actually doing more than she was doing and I think she gets paid 100$ an hour. I would see if there are any doctor offices or anything if you could take care of their tank. I'm in the same situation as you and I am trying to find a job. I also babysit, house sit. Find neighbors or someone who has a tank and ask if you could take care of it when they go on vacation. Two of my parents friends have SW tanks and they're always out on biz. So I volunteer to take care of them.