July 4 Festivities

drew2005

Originally Posted by emmitt
Better hurry, they are talking about banning them!! It's ridiculous, most of the state is rural so why ban them??? We have the right to bear arms but a firecracker is to dangerous?!?!?
That sucks. They should make it legal in every state. They have been really breaking balls around here. A lot of people getting caught transporting and selling. Sucks, but i guess with 9-11 and everything thats going on in the world, they have stricter laws in NY now. I heard they are actually setting up stings and staking out firework stands and warehouses in PA and busting NY'ers as soon as they hit the border. Sounds like entrapment to me. Guarantee if the government was making money on it, it would be legal.

emmitt

Originally Posted by Threed240
Good Lord! Do you guy's get investigated for buying that much explosives! Anyone notice a large white van outside their house?
Its funny, I had a lot of water damage from a storm recently and just this morning my insurance adjuster came to see the new damage in the "fireworks" room. He walked in and started lecturing me about how unsafe that is. I told him until his $%^&#*% company paid for my roof to be fixed, i wasnt worried since the drywall is all soaked! I did notice that he took 2 pics of the fireworks even though they are nowhere near the damage. I'm betting those pics are gonna stick in my file in case I ever make a fire claim

jhill5

$200 for 4 more 500 grams, $50 a piece ouch. These are a couple examples of my wholesale order.
BEST OF THE BEST
Great Assortment - 3 Different Cakes (3 Pack) More Info
$46.83
BIG PACKAGE
500 Gram Cake - Balls Out Awesome (4 Pack) More Info
$54.02
BIGFIREWORKS PROFESSIONAL 4 PACK
4 Assorted 500 Gram Cakes - Our Best Assortment (4 Pack) More Info
$57.10
BIGGER THAN YOURS
New 2006 (4 Pack) More Info
$55.78
As you can see these come out to about $15 a piece.
Have fun and don't blow your fingers off.
What do you light them with? I use a torch, and it works great.
I can not wait for next weekend.

johnbob

Could one of you guys post a site to order wholesale from? Also how long would it take for the firewroks to arrive because I would place the order early week.

jhill5

bigfireworks.com, If you ordered Monday you should have them Wed or TR at the latest. You need a password for the wholesale section, call them and tell them how much you want to spend. If you have a couple friends that want to split it would help also. Shipping would be roughly $150 - $200, plus there is no tax.
Have fun.

drew2005

I use one of those BBQ lighters. The ones with the triggers. Last year it ran out of fluid and i had to light most of the stuff off with a regular 50 cent lighter.

emmitt

Originally Posted by drew2005
I use one of those BBQ lighters. The ones with the triggers. Last year it ran out of fluid and i had to light most of the stuff off with a regular 50 cent lighter.

Dont use those, they are crap and finger breakers if you have to use them all day. I use extra large punks for most of the bulk items we do during the day, firecrackers, bottle rockets, etc... Really cheap and work great. For the bigger stuff, they make 3 or 5 minute torches, its basically like a little blow torch about a foot long . Works great but about 25 cents each

emmitt

Originally Posted by Johnbob
Could one of you guys post a site to order wholesale from? Also how long would it take for the firewroks to arrive because I would place the order early week.
I have some great wholesale and fireworks review sites but they are saved on my computer at work. If you want, let me know and ill post them tommorrow.
p.s.-i'm ashamed to admit this but i even have a fireworks forum site that i use sometimes :scared:

johnbob

I have some great wholesale and fireworks review sites but they are saved on my computer at work. If you want, let me know and ill post them tommorrow.

If you could post them that would be great! Also I checked the site jhill posted but I was only looking to spend about $200 + shipping on fireworks.

emmitt

The fireworks store should have some type of them. Thats the only place ive seen them. The kind i have is called pyro torch. If not they might have the extra large punk, thats pretty good as well. The small punk is decent but the tip is so small its sometimes hard to light stuff. The xl punk(mines called propunk) is a little thicker than a cigarette and about a foot long. It stays lit for like 3 hours and works really good because the tip is so thick.
p.s.- john, ill check at work tomorrow, but im pretty sure all my wholesale sites have a minimum of at least $500. If you dont mind though, its such a good deal, you can save half for next year or group order with a friend or 2.

emmitt

I'm not saying to do this and i'm not responsible if anyone does
but here is our favorite 4th activity. I usually have 8-12 friends over lighting stuff off. Just before dusk, i bring out a huge box of assorted roman candles( like 8 different effects including the best, crackling) and a case of good sized parachutes. These go up like 100 feet and have a nice sized chute open with a little soldier attached. W e each take a roman candle in each hand, light the candles, then the parachute. It goes up and opens right after the 1st shot of the candles. Then we all shoot at the parachute trying to knock it down. Last year, 13 of us, 2 candles each. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!! ( if not a little dangerous at times
) Looked like the most amazing laser light show youve ever seen!

ruaround

here is my stash...

for those of you that question the reason why fireworks are illegal... they are DANGEROUS... im sure that all of you play it safe with your fireworks, but every year people are mamed, burnt or killed by fireworks... property is damaged or destroyed... all it takes is one so be careful... i witnessed a friend blow off 2 of his fingers and get 3rd degree burns on his left arm and leg...not pretty at all...
FYI: if you have 7,500 grains of flash/gun powder it is a felony in most states and carries stiff fines and penalties...

emmitt

Interestingly , i have checked the statutes a few times and even though there is a statute making it illegal to light off certain fireworks, i cannot find any penalties for doing it?? I dont think a person could actually be charged with a crime for doing it, the most they can do is confiscate them.
Safety does need to be used and some common sense. However, me and my friends are a little short on that most 4ths
Seriously though, other than the roman candles wars, we are VERY safe with everything else and it is closely monitored.

engine10ff

Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th. From a firefighters point of view, I hope I never have to crawl into one of your houses as it burns!!

tangwhispr

If you want some "real" fireworks and are in northern indiana, there is a place on grant st, just off 80/94, he has commercial quality stuff that he sells, as for the big stuff and he'll take you up stairs, I bought some 1 1/2 stick shells 3 for $45 some stuff was huge and didn't look like it was for the novice....apparently this guy supplies US Cellular field home of the world champion whitesox and the Gary Railcats Staduim

emmitt

Just found out the thunderstick rockets i was talking about were banned!!! What a bummer
I checked and no stores in florida have any
Thank god i have 80 left from last year. I was about to buy 2 cases twice last year and didnt, cant believe i didnt buy them!! Best rockets on the market times 10 GONE!!!

drew2005

Originally Posted by emmitt
Just found out the thunderstick rockets i was talking about were banned!!! What a bummer
I checked and no stores in florida have any
Thank god i have 80 left from last year. I was about to buy 2 cases twice last year and didnt, cant believe i didnt buy them!! Best rockets on the market times 10 GONE!!!
Yup! They made it official. I shoulda got some before.