Just a thought I had this morning...

btldreef

I'm just curious,
We all yell at each other for posting links to competitor sites, etc and the mods are quick at "reminding" people not to do it, yet there are now Ads by Google on every scream advertising competitors sties..... seems a litle odd that's all. %%

spanko

My browser is Google Chrome, and I have an extension called adblocker. I don't see no stinkin ads!!!

btldreef

They don't come up a pop ups, just a little box on the right hand side of my screen. FireFox blocks them for the most part, but my phone does not.
Just seems a little odd, especially when they're on us all the time for posting a competitors site, even when it is referring to something that SWF does not sell %%

btldreef

They don't come up a pop ups, just a little box on the right hand side of my screen. FireFox blocks them for the most part, but my phone does not.
Just seems a little odd, especially when they're on us all the time for posting a competitors site, even when it is referring to something that SWF does not sell %%

meowzer

HAHA....I just downloaded it in FF...took 30 seconds...and this screen is great YAYYYY

When I find out about the IE question, I'll do it there too.....I just don't want to add a whole program, and IE7pro seems like a lot of stuff

can't I just get the adblocker thing??????

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/379796/just-a-thought-i-had-this-morning#post_3302355
Without completely throwing SWF under the bus, let's just say it has to do with the different bulletin board used now, vs. the old one. It's not that SWF wants the ads there, but just a byproduct of this new board that, hopefully SWF can workout some terms on having the ads removed.

And this doesn't justify it in anyway, but they do get a minute amount of $ per click on the ad, vs. no money for someone posting a link.

meowzer

OK....Now In Firefox, I am getting this message when I try to copy and past something.....I have no clue what security setting they are talking about...anyone know???

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.

Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK

spanko

Close that box. Put the cursor in the reply field, hold down the ctrl key and push the v key. Let go.

Just a little info for ya. In a lot of programs there are hot keys already set up. Some but not all are things like

• CTRL+C: Copy

• CTRL+X: Cut

• CTRL+V: Paste

• CTRL+Z: Undo
    CTRL+B: Bold
    CTRL+U: Underline
    CTRL+I: Italic
etc. etc. etc.

meowzer

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/woman-caught-throwing-cat-in-trash/6j5ti8i?q=Caught%20on%20video&rel=msn&from=en-us_msnhp&gt1=42007

thanks Henry......that worked

speg

Funny..I actually came here to post about this very thing....
I have a ton of adds on the right side and they're all competition :p SWF may end up losing some money due to this new fangled forum :(