just got a new camera

groupergenius

Dadgummit. I have to get one of those cameras..... I have been having nothing but trouble replicating the colors in my tank.

shrimpi

Originally Posted by coraljunky
The monti looks great Jess

It actually has a 'whitish' area around the top right area see it? maybe Im just over reacting? but Ive been so swamped lately with school. I still need to get rid of it! Im finally on xmas break!

coraljunky

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
It actually has a 'whitish' area around the top right area see it? maybe Im just over reacting? but Ive been so swamped lately with school. I still need to get rid of it! Im finally on xmas break!
I'm still interested if you want to get rid of it. I'll buy/trade. More than likely its just new growth forming

maxalmon

Great photo's

Not sure if Canon settings are the same as Nikon, (i'm using a nikon)
Try using the "A" or Aperture override, the auto setting or macro setting is kinda useless on aquarium shots, they look good, but details can be lacking.
I usually turn all the pumps off and clean the glass inside and out before every photo.
Use a tripod, it'll make a huge difference in image quality. Also use a remote shutter release, if you don't have one, then use the camera self timer, you'll see some incredible results.
Try using the manual focus, the details will be more defined, seems that the autofocus system has a slight problem having to focus thru glass and water, also any, and I do mean any, even the slightest amount of film algae on the inside of the tank will cause focus issue, even if you can't see it, the sensors will. I use manual on 95% of all my photos.
It's also helpful to set the iso to 200 possibly 400, any higher and you get a grainy photo
The higher the fstop, the more depth of field you will get, this also causes longer shutter exposures so any movement will cause bluring or visual noise
If you have an "exposure compensation" this will adjust the light/dark quality of the image
Again, great photos and keep up the good work..

shrimpi

thanks max, i have much to learn with this camera... and my own 'skills' for sure. i have a tripod and I need to figure out how to do some of these settings! Its hard though, especially with the mantis, he moves so quick at times its hard to 'set up a shot'.
thanks for the replys !
more pics to come in the future

Jessica

anonome

WOW!!! How did I miss this one. Your pics are great. I really love the one with the hermit with hair algae attached.....talk about a bad hair day.
It made me laugh. Awesome pics.

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Anonome
WOW!!! How did I miss this one. Your pics are great. I really love the one with the hermit with hair algae attached.....talk about a bad hair day.
It made me laugh. Awesome pics.
that one hermit always gets hair algae lol I just recently had to pull off a giant piece from his shell. It looks ridiculous haha

goingpoor

freaking awsome pictures i was looking at that camera to but to much money for me so i got the canon a560 but nothing comparable to this awsome again im jealious : )

shrimpi

heres some new additions to the tank, and another mantis shot
Im still just shooting alot on 'auto' settings but im trying to mess with the camera some more.
enjoy
Jess

shrimpi

new

with flash( this coral is partially shaded so its hard to get a daylight pic without flash- the color is actually brighter in real life)

sciknen

well this is kinda a pain in the **** thing im asking for
i am looking for the names of some of the pics
im gonna be startin a 55 (my first tank) and i want a stock list
imma have 2 150w mh w/electronic ballasts
okay there are like 7 or 8 of em here i go
each post are the ones with pictures
1st post 1st pic
2nd post 3rd pic
5th pic
3rd post 1 pic
2nd pic
4th post 2nd pic
5th post 1st pic
thank you so much guys
i woudl really apreciate if you could go in that order or else imma just be very confused

natclanwy

well this is kinda a pain in the **** thing im asking for
i am looking for the names of some of the pics
im gonna be startin a 55 (my first tank) and i want a stock list
imma have 2 150w mh w/electronic ballasts
okay there are like 7 or 8 of em here i go
each post are the ones with pictures
1st post 1st pic Trumpet Coral
2nd post 3rd pic Tube Anenome
5th pic Manderin
3rd post 1 pic ??? Someone can correct this but I think it is a Ricordia Mushroom
2nd pic ?????
4th post 2nd pic Sun Ccral
5th post 1st pic Hermit crabs
Here ya go!!