Just saw this bumber sticker!!!

darknes

For those who don't support the war:
If we move out of Iraq and Afghanistan 100% right now, and over the next few years the terrorists rebuild. Then, we get a surge of terrorist attacks on US soil killing many thousands of Americans. These attacks continue year after year, finding ingenious ways to bomb americans.
Would you support sending troops back to the Middle East to stop the terrorists???

firefish9

Originally Posted by Dreamer44
mostly of kids right out of high school with the promise of a college education paid for in return for their serving in the military....I know for "FACT" that they do not always follow through with the promised education, my nephew served 4 yrs in the marines and went to iraq and completed 4 or 5 tours there, he was lucky to get home alive. He now has mental problems from the crap they forced him to do. no schooling for him, no compensation either,
he was 17 when they got him to sign up, and 18 when they sent him to boot camp, they trained him for 8 lousy weeks and shipped him straight over to iraq.
and yes, I do support the troops, they are innocent young adults, with promises dangled in front of their eyes, the war however is a different story, I think Bush should get his butt over there on the front line and fight his own war, and let the troops come home.
Just my opinion, that is all
Lori
Sorry if I come of a little rude here and dont take it personally
My family supports the troops but we dont support the war. To not support the troops to me dosent make much sense They are fighting for us the USA they are dieing for ur freedoms. My father teachs at a poor school all the kids cant afford college so they join up. I agree with crimzy and the statement above
Bush cant go hes the president his daughter on the other hand.........

1journeyman

Originally Posted by firefish9
My family supports the troops but we dont support the war. To not support the troops to me dosent make much sense They are fighting for us the USA they are dieing for ur freedoms. My father teachs at a poor school all the kids cant afford college so they join up. I agree with crimzy and the statement above
I'm so tired of hearing the "it's the poor kids only alternative" crap...
If nothing else, the fact that the military doesn't pay that well should defeat this argument.
I live in an upper middle class neighborhood in Texas. 6% of the graduating class went into the miliatry this year. They didn't have to go, they chose to.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
I'm so tired of hearing the "it's the poor kids only alternative" crap...
If nothing else, the fact that the military doesn't pay that well should defeat this argument.
I live in an upper middle class neighborhood in Texas. 6% of the graduating class went into the miliatry this year. They didn't have to go, they chose to.
You have to admit that a decent paycheck, housing and all the other benefits with only a highschool degree and no other requirements would be appealing to somebody who can't afford college on their own. Or even somebody who has no other career opportunities at hand.

dreamer44

Originally Posted by firefish9
why not? George Washington fought right along side of his troops and several other presidents did the same, so why cant bush go? in my opinion, he certianly can go, he is just as able bodied to fight as anyother soldier.
Lori

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Dreamer44
why not? George Washington fought right along side of his troops and several other presidents did the same, so why cant bush go? in my opinion, he certianly can go, he is just as able bodied to fight as anyother soldier.
Lori
Warfare has changed a tad since 1776.
Again... Nobody is in Iraq who didn't volunteer to go there.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by alix2.0
um... i know im gonna get flamed but... i agree. i dont support this war and i dont support the troops. unless you are drafted and have no choice, i respect someone a lot less when they will vonunteer to kill people, even if its for their country.
WOW!
#1 It is not the fault of the troops that they are in Iraq. They didn't send themselves there. But they are fighting for our country, and they need your support
#2 If people didn't volunteer for the armed forces, we would have no way to protect ourselves. Do you like your freedom?
Unbelievable.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Warfare has changed a tad since 1776.
Again... Nobody is in Iraq who didn't volunteer to go there.
Thats not true at all. Alot of people signed up for service before the Iraq conflict started. Its not like the troops had a choice to go or not...

1journeyman

Originally Posted by team2jndd
Thats not true at all. Alot of people signed up for service before the Iraq conflict started. Its not like the troops had a choice to go or not...
When they sign up they agree to go to war; wherever that is.

jerthunter

I hate hearing this excuse. While I was on active duty I remember hearing a bunch of reservists complaining about being called to active duty. I never understood how they could gladly take the money and benefits during peace time but then complain the instant they had to work for their money.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
WOW!
#1 It is not the fault of the troops that they are in Iraq. They didn't send themselves there. But they are fighting for our country, and they need your support
#2 If people didn't volunteer for the armed forces, we would have no way to protect ourselves. Do you like your freedom?
Unbelievable.
my grandfather was in the 8th airforce in ww2, and i consider him a murderer. war is no way to solve anything. maybe instead of trying to kill everyone who pisses us off, maybe we should be acting proactively to prevent causing the problems in the future. and dont say that killing people is a way to do that, because im not buying that.

team2jndd

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
I hate hearing this excuse. While I was on active duty I remember hearing a bunch of reservists complaining about being called to active duty. I never understood how they could gladly take the money and benefits during peace time but then complain the instant they had to work for their money.
Its not an excuse. Its just wrong to say they volunteered to go to war. They excepted a job in which war is a possible circumstance. Its generally a worse case scenario for a troop to go to war. Most of them do not accept the job with the intention of doing so. Many of you have jobs in which you have to do things that are not voluntary but simply part of the job. Does a coal miner volunteer to be trapped underground when the mine collapses? No but that is a possible outcome of the job they chose and they are trained and prepared to deal with it.

jerthunter

my grandfather was in the 8th airforce in ww2, and i consider him a murderer. war is no way to solve anything. maybe instead of trying to kill everyone who pisses us off, maybe we should be acting proactively to prevent causing the problems in the future. and dont say that killing people is a way to do that, because im not buying that.
I'm sure plenty of people will get upset at you for your beliefs but I personally respect the fact that you follow your beliefs completely.
One simple question I have is, since you consider people like your grandfather 'murderers', what punishment would you deem for such people?

team2jndd

Coming from somebody with a marilyn manson icon? Do I need to bring up lyrics...

alix2.0

Coming from somebody with a marilyn manson icon? Do I need to bring up lyrics...
yeahh i like b rittney s pears too. "hit me baby one more time!" yeahh i want to be beaten too, because that what the radio tells me to believe.
how retarded do you think i am? i can think for myself. do you let your musical tases dictate your moral beliefs?

jerthunter

Its not an excuse. Its just wrong to say they volunteered to go to war. They excepted a job in which war is a possible circumstance. Its generally a worse case scenario for a troop to go to war. Most of them do not accept the job with the intention of doing so. Many of you have jobs in which you have to do things that are not voluntary but simply part of the job. Does a coal miner volunteer to be trapped underground when the mine collapses? No but that is a possible outcome of the job they chose and they are trained and prepared to deal with it.
I doubt it is 'worst case scenerio' since I can think of far worse scenerios. People have to take the risks. We don't have a military just so we can pay a bunch of people, we pay them to fight.

alix2.0

how retarded do you think i am? i can think for myself. do you let your musical tases dictate your moral beliefs?