Just Snatched Red Fin WaspFish.

ibanez

Any good information on this that you know of anywhere. It's a beautiful fish I have been looking for since seeing Cranberry's. I am super excited.

teresaq

pictures??
My lfs has has one forever, but keeps it in a tank up high and no one can see it to buy it.

ibanez

Well I got it from DD and haven't received it yet. I was in a hurry to buy it and forgot to save the picture of it so I will have to wait till it arrives sometime next week to take pictures. How much is it at your lfs?

cranberry

I saw it! It's beautiful dood... truely a nice fat vibrant coloured specimen. I was so excited when I saw it, I was hoping someone I knew would snap it up.
TR... can you snap a pic of the one at the LFS?
IbanEz... that one is a male... maybe T's is a female.
Ask away anything you want to know.... I can share what I've seen/experienced. There's not a bunch out there about these guys, but they have the same care of the rest of my scorps. We've had our pair for a bit now. You can share all your observations too!
Yay! A red fin friend!

ibanez

Awesome, that is my baby alright. How did you get that anyways. I couldn't find it.
Have you had any breeding behavior with the male/female? So are they easy to wean? Will I need to set up a weaning basket? I have some new arrivals in qt going through hypo, will that be a problem to acclimate it to hypo, if so I can qt it in my five gallon or my 10 gallon. What is the best food for weaning them. stuffed silversides or peices of shrimp, or frozen mysis or what. I am ordering a buch of feeder shrimp too. How bad is there venom if you get stung?

ibanez

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3264516
Ummmmm... I'm not sure we should be taking that liberty. I hate to sound like a schoolmarm.
Hey, its my fish now, I bought it, paid fare and square
Shouldn't it be my picture. LOL

cranberry

You have to be careful when removing watermarks from pictures owned from a business posted on their site... seriously. Besides being illegal, it's not cool. It's one thing I'm a stickler on. I give credit when credit is do, do not photoshop others work without permission and never use what isn't mine to use. I know... I know... I'm a party pooper.
The male and the female are still not together. She arrived twice as small and still would get eaten up in the 60g tank. She's packed on some size recently, but not enough. If she remains on the smaller side, she may never see the 60g at all.
Sometimes I use guppy fry for training small fish. They are a good size and you can offer them live in a net at first. I can go into detail about that if you were interested in going that route. Right now I have a small Coral Croucher that I am training with large live amphipods. It's one of the bennies of having multiple tanks with sump socks... I just change them out and pick out the pods to feed that day.
They are going to be too small for stuffed silversides. I cut up small pieces of whatever is on the menu for them that night. Neither were that hard to train. I'm gonna warn ya that if you order ghosties online, they may be way too big.
The venom is worse that a lionfish. If you get "hit", you'll know it in short order. It won't kill ya (unless you are allergic to it... as with anything. Peanut butter sandwich for one person... deadly nutty buddy to another).

cranberry

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3264552
You have to be careful when removing watermarks from pictures owned from a business posted on their site... seriously. Besides being illegal, it's not cool. It's one thing I'm a stickler on. I give credit when credit is do, do not photoshop others work without permission and never use what isn't mine to use. I know... I know... I'm a party pooper.
Now I totally feel like a grump. Nobody take offense, K?

S

saxman

you'll totally dig the red-fin, and that specimen looks like a nice fish...congrats!

ibanez

Ya I am excited, Hey, how about the question I had about qt. Should I introduce it to the 55 gallon doing hypo or 5 gallon reef tank with no fish, or the 10 gallon reef tank??

aquaknight

Cran is correct, rather untasteful move on my part. I edited the pic just enough for courtesy of SWF, trying to find a happy medium. IbanEz, the removed pic in your PM box.

cranberry

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3264586
Cran is correct, rather untasteful move on my part. I edited the pic just enough for courtesy of SWF, trying to find a happy medium. IbanEz, the removed pic in your PM box.
I feel like a bummer. But the girl who takes those pictures isn't even allowed to post them anywhere. She has to leave the camera at the door. I would cry.
Originally Posted by IbanEz

http:///forum/post/3264572
Ya I am excited, Hey, how about the question I had about qt. Should I introduce it to the 55 gallon doing hypo or 5 gallon reef tank with no fish, or the 10 gallon reef tank??
What's in the 10g reef?
What's in hypo?

ibanez

Thanks, I copied it immediately when I saw it cause I know I won't be able to take a pic that good when it gets here.

ibanez

Small fp clown and purple firefish, small lawnmower in the 10. 55 hypo coral beauty, flame hawk, small regal tang, blue spotted jaw fish. The coral beauty had a little ick from shipping stress. 90 gallon only has the six line wrasse I cant catch and the zebra lion which is in the weaning basket and neither have any appearance of ick.

cranberry

Ideally a tank by himself for QT, but that 5g is not going to cut it. The bioload on that 10g is already maxed, but that's the best tank. 5g is pretty small. I wouldn't put them in with hypo. This red fin has been coppered and QT'd for 2 weeks... he's pretty cootie free in that regard. Ideally a tank by himself, but the tankmates in the 10g aren't too aggressive, are they?
He's probably gonna be smaller than you think he is.