Just wanna get to know everybody!

joy_mikel

heh..heh..gotta love cold weather...numb fingers and face...enhanced sinus crap. Oh Yeah! Fun Fun! *lol* I'm moving to California or somewhere next chance i get....warm weather here i come! in..a few years anyway..lol..yes..random random random..thats me..but its all good : )

ravenhawk

I will take the cold weather anytime. It seems that in order to live in a warm state you have to deal with earthquakes, hurricanes, or tornados, no thanks, I will take snow anyday. Besides life without snowboarding! I dont think so!!:cool:

rich1515

There are three that I go to. Well, actually there is only one that I REALLY frequent to which is in Edmond. The woman that owns it really knows her stuff and she takes a genuine interest in your tank as opposed to selling you something to make numbers. The three places that are around are:
The Reef Shop - Lots of copper in their tanks to keep the fish colorful - problem is that they will sell you a 10 foot long fish and tell you that it is fine for your 6 foot tank...anything to make the sale and they have no interest in your investment once it walks out the door.
Aquarium Concepts - Very thin selection ESPECIALLY with corals and if you get a salesperson named Jessie, turn and walk out the door! That guy is not only annoying but he has prescribed stuff for a couple of people that I know and it has almost wiped out their entire tank.
Aquarium Tropical Fish is the name of the store that I go to. The owners name is Leigh Anne and she is great. Tell her that you and I talked and I sent her to you and let her know what you are looking for. She is the single reason that my tank looks the way it does.
There are a couple of other stores: Clear Concepts (I think) in Norman on Flood Street - Josette's Pets on May - No corals and horrible conditions for her tanks
That is really the lowdown as far as what is out there in the metro OKC area.
Let me know if there is anything else that you have questions on
rich1515@cox.net

ty_05_f

ok thanks. The lady i go to down over here in shawnee is pretty good. She knows what she is talking about. But she doesn't have a very big variety, and and she is very helpful. The only drawback of her store is its not kept to its best potential. All the fish, corals, inverts and things like that look great though.

Uhem Sammy!! :mad: Under age kids here!J/kLOL:mad: ;)
I was born in Ca trust me, not the best place to live when the Santa Anna winds come!
"Oh Lawd They're comin'!!" <----Quote from my Aunt
J/K I live in Washington so all I see is rain and cold! Allthough yesterday it reached 50 degrees!:eek: :D
I miss the snow of Illinois!:(

wrassecal

Originally posted by rich1515
There are three that I go to. Well, actually there is only one that I REALLY frequent to which is in Edmond. The woman that owns it really knows her stuff and she takes a genuine interest in your tank as opposed to selling you something to make numbers. The three places that are around are:
The Reef Shop - Lots of copper in their tanks to keep the fish colorful - problem is that they will sell you a 10 foot long fish and tell you that it is fine for your 6 foot tank...anything to make the sale and they have no interest in your investment once it walks out the door.
Aquarium Concepts - Very thin selection ESPECIALLY with corals and if you get a salesperson named Jessie, turn and walk out the door! That guy is not only annoying but he has prescribed stuff for a couple of people that I know and it has almost wiped out their entire tank.
Aquarium Tropical Fish is the name of the store that I go to. The owners name is Leigh Anne and she is great. Tell her that you and I talked and I sent her to you and let her know what you are looking for. She is the single reason that my tank looks the way it does.
There are a couple of other stores: Clear Concepts (I think) in Norman on Flood Street - Josette's Pets on May - No corals and horrible conditions for her tanks
That is really the lowdown as far as what is out there in the metro OKC area.
Let me know if there is anything else that you have questions on
rich1515@cox.net

Rich has them down really well:D The one in Norman is Crystal Clear Aquatics and they are very good, mom and pop operation. Since I'm in Norman I use them the most. Always buy my fish there. Would NOT buy fish at the others although have bought a couple corals at The Reef Shop. I'd really like to go to Leigh Anns next time I'm in the Edmond area.

rich1515

Thanks Wrasse! I will be in your neck of the woods on Saturday. I have been to all but the one in Norman and I think it's time...
How's the new lighting working out for you?

doodle1800

Hey Rich - thats right - CaddyShack...
Norman, OK? - been there - spent some time at Fort Sill - long time ago.... know anyone named Zeiders? She lives in McAlester now...
Hope you like the pic Sammy...

wrassecal

Rich, the lighting is great, the corals are very, very happy! Now, I'm getting a new 125 so going to need more lights! Hopefully Crystal Clear will still have some good stock when you are there. I swear people are lined up on Wed evening which is delivery day.
Doodle - sorry you had to spend some time at Ft Sill. Good thing Norman was not too far away for you to get to some civilization:D

doodle1800

deb - didn't see too much of Norman until I was out - went back a few times to meet a friend. When I was at Ft Sill all I saw was Ft Sill - 11 weeks in summer..
-rich..(doodle)
deb - where's your picture?????????

ophiura

Wow.
It is so very strange now to fit faces to the names.
I kind of preferred the anonymity. ;) :D ;) :D
:p
Na, really, ya'll are looking pretty fine to me, (though Ryebread looks like someone my father would call "trouble" ;) )!
RoGeTa,
I have traveled extensively to (put on best bad french accent)pursue de e-luuuseeeve brrrreeetttle starrr.
Cool huh?
Too bad there is not a job out there for such a person. So don't make the same mistake.
Apart from the travel (and the husband) I now feel kinda stupid. But it was good while it lasted.