KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

kornele23

Tank looks awesome! Keep up the good work and KEEP US UPDATED!.....lol.
What are you feeding those Duncans? Roids?

nwdyr

awww she's gone again! well at least we wont send out the posse this time
Hope everything is going well for ya Kim

A

alexa11

Hello! this is looking amazing!! I think I'd like to get a brain now.....hmmmm!

K

kat74

Goodness gracious! Has it been THAT long since I've been here?!

I am soooo sorry for not updating this thread/diary like I should be doing.

Everything is going well, nothing new or changed, except things getting bigger. My elegance has been with me over 6 months now and is still thriving.
My picasso clown babies are as lovely as ever, still sweet to each other, and getting more and more black in, and yep, still hosting their red brain. My possum wrasse is still their "brother from another mother"

I did get a sexy shrimp the other day and tried out my new camera with it.

That's the thing... I haven't been buying new things for my tank; just buying new things for myself. The things in my tank are already crowded in there, so there's no room for anything else.
It's been good to buy things for me and spoil myself a bit.
I bought that new camera, an awesome Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28, bought myself a sunset blackberry curve, new Dell Blossom laptop, and 2 Coach handbags.

I prooooooomise to take new pics of my tank soon to update this thread! Just wanted to stop by for a min to say hi and share the sexy shrimp pic!~
*hugs* to all!~

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2774392
Goodness gracious! Has it been THAT long since I've been here?!

I am soooo sorry for not updating this thread/diary like I should be doing.

Everything is going well, nothing new or changed, except things getting bigger. My elegance has been with me over 6 months now and is still thriving.
My picasso clown babies are as lovely as ever, still sweet to each other, and getting more and more black in, and yep, still hosting their red brain. My possum wrasse is still their "brother from another mother"

I did get a sexy shrimp the other day and tried out my new camera with it.

That's the thing... I haven't been buying new things for my tank; just buying new things for myself. The things in my tank are already crowded in there, so there's no room for anything else.
It's been good to buy things for me and spoil myself a bit.
I bought that new camera, an awesome Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28, bought myself a sunset blackberry curve, new Dell Blossom laptop, and 2 Coach handbags.

I prooooooomise to take new pics of my tank soon to update this thread! Just wanted to stop by for a min to say hi and share the sexy shrimp pic!~
*hugs* to all!~
Great to hear everything is okay! And ur doing well. Always great to spoil ourselves. I forgot how that feels though. And i cant wait for more pics. Im sure everyone will be glad to see u posted

subielover

Great too hear from you Kat
Great pic of the sexy shrimp. Nothing wrong with splurging a little on yourself every now and then, glad to hear you will be updating more.

clownfish11

Your remind me so much of my friends mom haha....but the tank is looking great haahaaa
missed yah on here
make sure not to leave

novahobbies

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2774502
Your remind me so much of my friends mom
LOL this is funny. Dude, take it from a middle-aged guy.....most women do NOT like hearing this comment!!
You could have just said "Wow, you really remind me of a woman I know here..." or someting to that effect, anyway!
Yeah, I just polled my wife. She would not have been impressed!

Seriously, Katz, that tank is outstanding. I NEED to get a Duncan....they don't have them available down here, every time I ask they just say they try to order it, but they never get them in!

nwdyr

Hmmmm....Kat is missing.......Blazin is missing
Its like one of those movies , If we go looking for them ....WE will be the next ones to go missing....think I will just wait here for them...yep Just wait here

coral keeper

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2843128
Hmmmm....Kat is missing.......Blazin is missing
Its like one of those movies , If we go looking for them ....WE will be the next ones to go missing....think I will just wait here for them...yep Just wait here

Blazin2k6 Last Activity: Today 08:11 PM
Viewing Thread Rebels 5.5 Gal NANO @ 08:11 PM

K

kat74

I saw this link in my bookmarks tonight and couldn't believe that it's been that long since I logged in. I have soooo neglected this thread and message board!
Update: I haven't left the hobby and I still have this tank. I haven't added anything new since my last update. I wouldn't even know where to put anything new!
My elegance was fragged back in November by my LFS and is getting to the point where it needs to be fragged again or traded in - there's not much room in the front for it anymore. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's done so well in my tank despite everything I've heard about them. Maybe because it's an Australian one, huh?
I added two peppermint shrimp a few months ago to take care of a little aiptasia problem that I had and while they took care of every little bit of the aiptasia, they also helped themselves to a couple of my rics, which I was highly pi$$ed about! My duncans are crazy, love it! I think my coco worm died because I haven't seen it come out in a long time.
I still have the same three little babies - possum wrasse and Picasso clown pair. I couldn't have picked a more peaceful trio to live together! The clowns have all but killed their beautiful red brain that they've hosted since day one. I don't know why, but they are so "rough" with it - nipping at it, poking their heads into its mouth when it tries to eat, yet they love to cuddle up in it. ? I will try to remember to take a new FTS to update this thread. All I have now is an updated pic of my clowns because someone from my local reef club wanted to see a pic of them today, so I will post that.

You can see the part of the brain that they killed - and is growing some hair algae. When I try to remove it manually, they run my hand away.

I still love my tank and still religiously do my weekly 2.5 gallon water change and maintenance, though I do admit that I don't give it the daily attention that I use to give it. This message board and the hobby use to be my little obsession and entertainment, though now I have picked up other little "obsessions". You boys (men
) won't understand, but I am sure that my ladies will - (hopefully!) What is it?? HANDBAGS!!

Coach, Dior, and Louis Vuitton! THAT'S where my time has been spent - that's where I've been.

Okay... I admitted it. The first step in getting help is admitting that you have a problem, right??
Seriously though.... I miss everyone! Lauren, especially you, girl! Oh... and Mark, my hubby! I bet he's ready to divorce me now!
Rebel, you're on my myspace, so you *know* I'm still alive and around! Everyone else, I do miss you! I miss when I used to come on here and be able to take the time to look at everyone's threads and be inspired. We all encouraged and inspired each other. Poked fun at each other - just fun times! I miss it! Does this mean that I am going to be around all the time now? Honestly? No. But I *am* going to make myself take the time to come by and check everything out and check in every once in awhile.
Anyway, if you're still reading, I'm surprised! I'm gonna look around a little and see what's been going on.
Hope everyone is doing well - Happy New Year!!

R

regina13

Nice to hear from you! It's so nice to see that your tank is still around! This was always my favorite nano! I hope you will keep updated a little more. I enjoyed watching your tanks grow. The picasso's look amazing by the way!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/2917011
You sound so cool, I wish I would have joined the threads earlyer so I would of known you :) Your tank is rockin. I love it.

awwww..... you're so sweet!! Thanks for the compliment! I'm gonna see if you have a thread and check it out!~

Originally Posted by regina13

http:///forum/post/2917012
Nice to hear from you! It's so nice to see that your tank is still around! This was always my favorite nano! I hope you will keep updated a little more. I enjoyed watching your tanks grow. The picasso's look amazing by the way!
Reginaaaaa!! Nice to hear from you too! Hope you're doing well!! You're too kind with the compliments!

perfectdark

KAT, good to see you still got your tank. You dont have to add anything else your tank is phenomenal the way it is. Good to see you on here again...