KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

subielover

Hi Kat
Glad to see we were not forgotten. I totally agree with PD, that your tank was perfect the way it was. Glad to hear that you still have it. Boy oh boy your clowns are gorgeous, shame they play so rough in that brain, but oh well. I kinda would think that they would take up residency in the elegance coral. Anyhow, glad to see you are back even if you just pop in once every week or so. So nice to see you again, and I wish you the best.
P.S. Thanks for the inspiration to get into this hobby

halostalker

YAY Kat
your tanks LOOKING great still makes me really jealous.
i too have sort of left the hobby for a while, just had to much on my hands so i totally understand, just happy if u stop by once in a while

im really goin to try to get my tank up and running again i sort of neglected it and coraline algae covered the whole glass. i cleaned everything including the sand(washed it out) everythings looking loads better. sorry cant give any pics yet bc dont have a camera but......................................................................................w
would love to see more pics of ur tank or even handbags lmao

demartini

Kiiiiiiiiim!!! I've missed you so much too!! <333

Your little babies look so cute and they are getting a ton of black! Do you feed them ORAGlo?
I can't wait to see more of your beautiful tank. =)
How's your doggie doing?
it's good to see ya.... stick around!!

nwdyr

Kat is BACK!!!
Lets hold he hostage and make her stay

Honey i would NEVER divorce YOU! Love Your Hubby,
Mark

K

kat74

Ugh, this was a hard decision to make, but I decided to take a break from the saltwater hobby for awhile and sold this tank and all of its contents to the owner of my LFS for $300.00. She has fallen in love with my Picasso clown pair and my possum wrasse and will give them a loving home either on display at the LFS or at her own home. Either way, I know that they will be spoiled and happy.

The good thing about this decision is that anytime I feel like I am missing them and want to see them, I can visit, just like I've done with the 29 gallon Biocube that I had - it's there too, on display.

I am truly thankful and grateful to all of the absolutely wonderful people I have met on these forums. I've laughed with, shared, teased with, learned and was inspired by many of you. This hobby is one that takes a lot of dedication and hard work - attention to details - not to mention MONEY!
My attention to this hobby was distracted by other things and for that, my devotion and care to my tank suffered. I never neglected to perform my weekly water changes or took care of my babies, but the dedication and time that I took up in the beginning wasn't there anymore. I was just "going through the motions" and getting it done out of necessity, rather than the enjoyment.
I feel relieved now.
Successfully maintaining a reef tank is an art - a skill - and it takes a lot of hard work. Those of you who have been in the hobby all these years and continue to love and enjoy your reef tanks are to be envied. You've created these beautiful, aquatic masterpieces - poetry in motion. I'd love to just be able to sit back and enjoy a beautiful reef tank - right now, that doesn't work out for me.
Blah, blah... I'm going on and on, starting to not make sense. Anyway, just wanted to close out this thread and wish you all the very best of luck with your tanks and thank you for all the help, support and encouragement you've given me these last couple of years.
I still have an interest in the hobby, so I'm not gone forever. I'll stop by every once in awhile and see how everyone is doing, and who knows, maybe a few years from now, I may pop up with another tank!
Until then.... peace and love!~ ;)

spanko

Hope everything goes well for you Kat. Your tanks were wonderful to follow along with. Good luck in all that you venture to do and hope to see you back.

dankbardy31

Kat,
I stumbled upon your forum and have read about 5% of what is posted but believe that you would be able do give some great advice. Your tanks are amazing btw.
I just got into the hobby about 2 months ago. I have a 55 salt and just purchased last night (bday present for myself) a used nano 24g. My main question is what do you reccomend to put in the 3 chambers in the back. Currently there is two sponges in chamber 1, ceramic rings and black pieces (sorry don't know what they are called) in chamber 2, and some bio balls in chamber 3. I plan on getting live sand and live rock hopefully today along with ro/di water from my lfs. Any advice on anything would be greatly appreciated whenever you have a chance. Thank you in advance!
Justin

R

regina13

Even if you are leaving, the day I finally get my picasso's you are going to get an email! I think about this tank all the time, and it is hard to see it go. It is what you think is best for the tank though, so I respect your decision.
Hope to see you around sometime!

halostalker

Miss you Kim=P but hope ur good!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear ur tanks in good hands. Hopefully u enjoy the extra time, we all understand life has its ups and downs.
You better pop in here and there on these forums lol=P
bye

nwdyr

well.....that does it for me on THIS site! all the good people are gone. The few that are still here are also on the "other" site. Too bad SWF did not see this comming , I loved this site but I guess all good things must come to an end

K

kat74

Wow. Haven't logged in to this site in forever. It was great to be able to come back and look at this thread. I miss the hobby SO much! Seriously thinking of coming back....

perfectdark

WOW!! Talk about a blast from the past. I completely forgot about this site until an email just popped into my inbox this morning with your comment. Obviously I had to log in just for the heck of it. Sorry to hear your out of the hobby. My tank is still up and going since 2007, moving out of my house for over a year going through a divorce...blah blah blah...it all kinda took its toll on all my tanks so they don't look nearly as good as they did back then, but yea still kicking.

K

kat74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDark http:///t/314111/kat74s-14g-biocube-diary/580#post_3513943
WOW!! Talk about a blast from the past. I completely forgot about this site until an email just popped into my inbox this morning with your comment. Obviously I had to log in just for the heck of it. Sorry to hear your out of the hobby. My tank is still up and going since 2007, moving out of my house for over a year going through a divorce...blah blah blah...it all kinda took its toll on all my tanks so they don't look nearly as good as they did back then, but yea still kicking.
Awwww, sorry to hear about your divorce. *hugs* Glad to hear that you're still in the hobby, though! I do miss it and am seriously considering coming back. This forum was pretty fun and there was lots of support back in the day! I'm sure it's still the same... :)