KAT74's 29g Biocube Diary

K

kat74

Originally Posted by RSweetPea
http:///forum/post/2612460
OMG! That tube is so long, LOL! I love your tanks so so much. My husband and I just bought a house so I'm waiting until we move in (October, it's being built) to set up my first SW tank. Both of your tanks are such an inspiration. You made me want an elegance!

I know! When I bought it and saw how loooong that tube was, I had nooo idea where I was going to put it!

Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my tanks. And by all means, if you get an elegance, make sure that it is an Aussie one as opposed to the Indo Pacific ones and if you get one, make sure to let me know so that I can see pics!~

Originally Posted by iyachtuxivm

http:///forum/post/2612684
Wow Kim looks great!
Love your tanks look so full and happy!
Thanks, iyachtuxivm!~

K

kat74

I should have brought my camera to work with me to take a pic of my tank. I changed out the actinic bulb and now my tank looks all pinkish/purplish.

Guess my daylights REALLY need changing!! That bulb should be in on Thursday!

R

regina13

The pinkish light would shurely make it look girly like you like!

perfectdark

That cocoa worm is GI-NORMOUS.... LOL looks awesome. I think you out did me on that one KAT. My 2 are tiny compared to that monster even though I paid what you would pay for a brown feather duster for mine... LOL. They dont grow very fast, but make sure you keep it fed. They typically dont do really well in captivity but I feed mine regularly. And keep your pumps and power heads off for about 20 to 30 minutes when you feed. Just FYI

blazin2k6

Excellent looking pics. Jus thought i'd let you know but i am sure you already know that or you wouldnt have posted them. have a nice weekend.

nwdyr

HI Kat,
I am soooooo excited
and you are the only one who would appreciate this!! There is this amazing looking little clown fish that I have had my eye on for like 2 months at my LFS... but it was in a huge display tank, FULL of coral and LR. The tank is one of those big square "zero edge" type tanks. So if you stand next to it you can look down into the tank. Well they put this clown in there and of course the one jerk that works there told me "no way could anyone ever catch that fish" well...game on!! the owner is a really nice guy but he would not even try, so I made it a game between two of the younger guys that work there, the other day I was in there and a new kid was working so I told him, If he caught this fish he would have HUGE bragging rights and all the guys would have to give him "respect" Well my plan worked!!! I got the call today that the fish is in a little tank waiting for me
I cant wait to show him to you!!! he is just the cutest little thing!! he is dark striped and has a real yellow mouth and the tips of his fins are yellow. It looks like God painted him perfectly!!!! sorry for the long post ...I just am sooo excited!! Check my thread tomorrow, OMG I hope nobody sold him
naaaa

blazin2k6

Oh nwdyr you can come on her thread and talk about sum clown you are getting and DONT you already have 2 in your nano ? you gonna have 3 in there ? And you cant even come and look at all the new pics i have been posting on my threads.

nwdyr

Sorry for the "jack" KIm.... yes I do already have 2 in my 24gal, but this one is just toooo cool to pass up so I will prob. put him in my frag tank. And as far as you'r thread is concerned, please go there and see just how often I stop by.!!! Thank you KIM......we now returned you to our regularly scheduled programming.....

K

kat74

Well.... I'm having serious thoughts about taking this tank down and either be done with it, or downsize it to a 14g. Problem is... I'm extremely attached to all of my fish in this tank and when I tried to think about downsizing it and which fish to keep, it broke my heart to think about not including my possum wrasse, blenny or goby. My n-a-k-e-d clowns were a given. I could NEVER part with them, but I know that I can't put 5 fish in a 14g.

My reason for thinking of this is because this tank is in my office at work. Things at work have been getting extremely crazy, busy and hectic and at the end of the day, the last thing that I want to do is stick around any longer than I have to... I want to be OUT the door. But then, I turn around and look at my little babies, who dance and wiggle to get my attention and it breaks my heart to leave them without spending extra time here at work. I feel like, aside from that time and when I feed them and do my weekly water change, my tank is running independently on its own. I don't have as much time for it anymore.
Ugh. I'm frustrated, and maybe just venting.

I say this.... and then get home to my 14g and the first thing I do is check on my fish and feed them.

I guess it never ends...

still thinking....

blazin2k6

WHY CANT U TAKE THE TANK HOME ? Seems like the most LOGICAL solution ya know. That would be the best idea i think. Then you can have 2 tanks to admire when you are in your home and then you would never have to go anywhere cause you can just be amazed by them all the time. I mean you spent so much time on this tank to just give it up ? I dont like the sound of that. TAKE THE TANK HOME AND EVERYTHING WILL BE SETTLED. :)

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2642576
WHY CANT U TAKE THE TANK HOME ? Seems like the most LOGICAL solution ya know. That would be the best idea i think. Then you can have 2 tanks to admire when you are in your home and then you would never have to go anywhere cause you can just be amazed by them all the time. I mean you spent so much time on this tank to just give it up ? I dont like the sound of that. TAKE THE TANK HOME AND EVERYTHING WILL BE SETTLED. :)
Yes, that sounds like the most LOGICAL solution, I just have no room that I can put it in where it would get paid any attention to.

.... still thinking....

maybe when I feel better, I will think differently.

nwdyr

ok ..... how about I come out there and take it home with me, then you know they will be well cared for and when we get married we will all be back together again and 1 big happy family!!! sound good???..... Or you could just take it home
but that hardly sounds like any fun to ME

halostalker

wow i never imagined u thinking about this kat, all that hard work to have something to enjoy at work and ur goin to move it.
i know its busy and stuff but come on u must love the tank on ur breaks it porb calms u down a bit. plus wat would u do on those boring rainy dayz when theres nun to do hehehe.
i say it still worth it, u can install a auto feeder and have more time on ur hands then. and a weekly water change that shouldnt be to much on ur hands right(how exaclty do u do it and not spill water all over heheh), im waiting for a pump that will make my water changes easyer i just drain into bucket then use a pump and hose to put water back into my tank from a bucket which has clean water in it=P.
i too dont have much time to admire my tank its usually 2 min before i leave for work at 5 in the morning and 2 min when i get home before i take a shower, eat and go to school and then sometimes another 1min before bed.