KAT74's 29g Biocube Diary

blazin2k6

Why dont you call her since you are her husband and all. I really hope her family is ok and nothing terrible has happened. I know she was taking care of so many things and hasnt had time to come online much so i am sure she is just taking care of her family matters. I am sure that is WAY MORE IMPORTANT than coming online ya know. BUT KIM I HOPE EVERYTHING WITH YOU IS OK AND YOU ARE DOING WELL. We miss ya.

nwdyr

OMG! I hope thats not the case!! We love ya Kim, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know!

K

kat74

I am sorry for your losses as well, Mark and iyachtuxivm; it's always sad to lose a little fishie.

and I appreciate all the concern, but I'm okay. Still sick with a wicked cold, but I'll make it.

anyway... I just came here to update that this is the end of this tank diary. As soon as I am feeling better, I will be making arrangements for my tank and all of its contents to go to my LFS to be on display there. I totally trust the owners there to take care of my babies like they should be taken care of and it's the LFS closest to my house (10 mins away) so I can "visit" them anytime I want to. There will be NO SELLING of any of the fish, that's my only request.
It was not an "easy" decision, but it was the best decision. Since this tank is in my office at work, the only time I'm around it is Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. I have been much busier and things have gotten more hectic that I'm lucky now to be able to look at my tank for 5 minutes a day. Aside from my weekly water changes and every other day feedings, this is all the time I've had for the tank and I don't think it's right. I've been under a lot of stress at work because I do have a "got to do it now" demanding job, so when it's time to go at the end of the day, it's time to go... I don't want to spend another second there that I don't have to. I would come in on the weekends and during my vacations to check on my tank. I am sick as a dog and have been out of work, but I still had to come in to check on my tank. It has worn me out. I love all my little critters dearly, but in my opinion, this is the best thing I can do for them. They will go to a nice new home and be taken care of by people that I know and trust and I can visit them anytime I want to. I know that it's going to break the hearts of my patients and other visitors who love to come into my office to stare at the tank, but I just can't do it anymore.

I appreciate all the support I got from everyone while I was keeping this diary. You all Rock!
Now you'll have to save those comments and bring them over to my 14g thread.

No worries, my heart is still in the hobby and I plan to keep my 14 forever since it's at home where I can relax and spend more time with it.

nwdyr

Good for you Kim!!!!! You need to be happy and I completely understand what you said!!! It truly does not make any sense to have that tank there , you sound "relieved" in your decision. You know we don't care if you have 1 tank or 12 tanks , we love you and are in awe of what you can do with a nano tank
look froward to hearing you really ENJOY the 14 gal tank again soon

geo1

Thanks for sharing your pics! Wonderful.
We are (daughter & I) in the process of setting up the exact same tank. We are waiting for the water to cure.
I posted a question last week, regarding what we could put in our tank. (daughter wants a pair of clowns to host something)
I was told NOT to get an anenome.
Any suggestions? And how many fish and what kind of fish would be good in this size.
We have made no additions to standard set up, other than a Korlia 2 pump.
ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

subielover

Yup, once I saw she commented I started looking for her threads. Lets see some updates, although maybe only the coach bags have been updated

K

kat74

awwww.... there are still visits to this thread?

I don't have this tank anymore. I "donated" it to my LFS (Blue Planet Aquariums) back in June and they have it on display as their nano "show tank". I stop by and visit once a month because I go there to pick up Nutri-Sea Water for my water changes on my 14 gallon. All my babies in there are still doing well!

I loved this tank but it got to the point where I wasn't giving it the attention that I felt that it deserved because of having it at work in my office. Plus, in the evenings and on weekends, it drove me nuts worrying about my babies - wondering if anything was going on with the tank, if the power went out, etc. Now I don't have to worry about anything at work but "work".

I appreciate all the comments in this thread!