keeping a stable temp?

roggy23

How do you keep the temperature stable. I mean when the lights come on it gets hot, when the lights go off the temp drops. My heater is rarely on becasue the temp doesnt drop enough since im in cali. Temp is usually around 80 but like i said it fluctuates... what's the best method?

nas19320

If your temp rises for example to 82 during the day try setting your heater at 82. A small fluctuation will not hurt anything.

D

daniel411

Hey Nas,
Do you happen to have your old avatar... the kneedraggin mini van one, in a larger version? Could you email it to me if you can, thanks.... I want it for a screen saver :)

Mine was doing the same thing. Depending on how hot it gets. I had mine set to 80 and it was raising to 82 - 82.4
I raised the temp to 81 so now the temp only fluxes like 1 degree. I also changed the timing on my lights so that the lights are on alittle later in the day. This reduced the amount of time the lights ran when it was warmest in the day. Helped me out alot.

I know i always read that 79 is the best, but people around here usually put theirs at 80. The most important thing is that it doesnt flux alot. Its better to keep at 81 then 79 and it heat up to 82 during the day. Try to keep the temp to a 1-1.5 degree range.

nas19320

Daniel-- I only have the avatar size left on my computer but I'll dig around and see if I can find it. If I do find it I'll email it to you.

fshhub

i like 80 to 84
and mine fluctuates about 3 degrees. try to get it stable as much as possible.