Keeping Frogfish

cranberry

Cool! Can you take a pic of your sculpin too?
And just incase you missed it, did you mean Rhinopias?

cranberry

Your waspfish is indeed like the second pic, which is my female B. rubripinnis. The first pic of the male.
The new sculpin pic doesn't look like a brasiliensis... it's head looks really flat.

halamaya

His head is massive compared to the rest of him. He changes shades to suit his hiding spot. Getting darker or lighter, sometimes really purple. Ias told he was in the same family as Scorpion fish.

halamaya

rhinopious is what I want to replace my lost Leaf fish
I think I lost him because of a spike in Nitrates. Came home and my Chocolate chip star was digesting his tail while he was still alive. quarantined him and he died the next day. I think it was the nitrates anyhow; they had always been about 0 and then bam 80-100 ppm, everyone else was fine. I've since added a larger canister filter loaded with Purigens. Put a Hang-on Refugium on with a gallon of mineral mud, (package deal at my LFS) and fully loaded with Cheato. Going to buy 10 - 20 lbs more rock soon also. Seems to have worked for now though. Nitrates are actually at about 0-10ppm again. I won't buy a Rhinopious unless he can find one for 200 bucks and have the colors I want. The last one was ugly brown but still a very cool fish. Expensive hobby!

halamaya

this one is pretty sweet, theres all kinds though. Weedy Scorpionfish, don't know a lot about them yet.

halamaya

May I ask what price range should I be looking for? You have an incredible amount of awesome stuff!!! I have two 55 gal tanks and a 10 gal and a 40 gal fresh water tank. Its a lot of work, need to cook a lot of steaks to pay for it!!

halamaya

at the risk of sounding unintelligent what is a PM? I love listening to a good audio book and takiung care of my tanks. Though I always seem to have one problem or another. Still doing the learning thing.

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by Halamaya
http:///forum/post/3184011
at the risk of sounding unintelligent what is a PM? I love listening to a good audio book and takiung care of my tanks. Though I always seem to have one problem or another. Still doing the learning thing.
PM= private message. Look at the top of page to the right for link.