Kevin's 29 gallon adventure!

acropora12

Well, as I lay here I have another 5 hours until I leave to pick up the new 29 gallon. I am so incredibly excited, as I should be, as it's a complete setup for $150! Here are the tank specs.
tank: 29 gallon all glass aquarium
filtration: eclipse hood
lighting: 1x 65w CF 50/50
flow: 300gph from return, koralia 750
lr: 20lbs
ls: 20lbs
heater: theo 200w
inhabitants: 3x 3-lined damsels, 1x 19" snowflake eel
I think that's it. All the fish will be returned to the lfs, for the reason that I am picking up a breedimg pair of tomato clowns today also. I will be picking up some frags of shrooms, zoos, and gsp.
I will keep you guys posted on how everything goes and let me tell you pictures will be in the bunches! So have no fear, kevin is here!
stay tuned everyone!

flower

Well I hope it still looks that new. I would plan on changing out that heater ASAP...glass is not a good thing, get a plastic one or better get a titanium one. Get rid of the damsels, they are so dang mean you won't be able to even put your hand in the tank when thery mature.. also they will kill any other fish you add. You want to stock your tank with critters YOU like. I think the tank is too small for the eel, but I'm no expert on eels.
Congratulations!

acropora12

yeah, I know about the eel, I don't know how he could keep him in such a small tank, I'm looking for a home for him if you know anyone who would take him, he's free! On to the good stuff, got all the goodies home and the tank setup and cleaned, boy does it look good under the 65w 50/50, here is all of what I picked up today.
tank, stand, w/all accesories even came with a koralia 2 ($150)
gsp, purple shroom, and neon green candy ane frags ($25)
breeding pair of tomato clows w/clutch ($70)
new 65w 50/50 bulb ($42.86)
4x 5 gallon buckets to hold the water for transfer ($15)

meowzer

You bought all those new things for the tank???....should have waited and let the tank re-settle.....I hope you are testing the water often, and have fresh SW made up

acropora12

tetramarine pellet food/blood worms/tilapia ($20)
getting rid of the damsels and finding out i am now the owner of not only a huge snowflake eel but also a engineer goby (priceless)
so yeah here is a run down of what happened today. woke up at 11 went and picked up my girl, drove to get the tank, spent about an hour and a half moving the tank to my truck, went and picked up the frags, went and picked up the breeding pair, got the bulb, went home set everything up,went and saw paranormal activity 2 (crapped my pants during the movie, holy crap was it scary!), came home and admired my long work of the day turned off the lights, and jumped on here....quite the day off! pictures to come tomorrow morning, my mom is less than pleased that i spent my money on another tank, so she wont let me online tonight, hence why im doing this from my palm!

acropora12

meowzer I know I should have waited but it was either I get that stuff today or the people were going elsewhere, hope my eagerness doesn't cost me in the long run and I will be picking up a test kit tomorrow the one thing it didn't come with.

meowzer

Just get sw ready....moving things around may cause an issue with the water parameters....GET THAT TEST KIT QUICK......
yup...pellets are junk....get frozen foods, like marine cuisine, mysis, emerald entree.....use the pellets as a snack here and there

levinjac

a mixture mysis algea sheets emrald entry(clowns still need greens0) vitimens you dont HAVE to but you can. Also i know that tank i overall hate the filtration on it for some reason i just dont like bioweels my opinion tho

acropora12

this tank is just temperary until I get the 36 up and going, will be picking up a test kit and frozen food tomorrow! I hope everything does ok, the corals have started to open and the clowns are out and about investigating.

scott t

Yes I sure can not wait for PICS PICS PICS, oh here if there is not a pic then it didnt happen lol