koralia evolution pumps not wavmaker friendly?

nycbob

just want to warn people about the new powerheads by hydor. it seems many people r having problems with this pumps spinning backward under wavemakers awhile after of using them, myself included. the 1400 model is still running fine, but the 1050 model is having the issue. i now hv the 1050 model running constant. i even tried washing it, but it would run backward after 30 minutes.

meowzer

WOW...this is messed up...especially since they supposedly made these TO work with the wavemakers....HMMM
I have the 750 and 1050, but no wavemaker....thank goodness....I'm tired of stuff not working after you pay so much for them
Are Hydor going to come up with a fix?

nycbob

not sure. they r a foreign company, so getting help might be difficult. took me 6 weeks to get a part for my regular koralia back then.

gill again68

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GLAD YOU POSTED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was all set to buy my new Koralias and now this. I may go to Tunze instead. Will those run off of my reg prong controlled Digital Aquatics Elite?

nycbob

tunze powerheads hv their own wavemaker. just shot an email to hydor. i guess i will wait and see what they can do.

nycbob

just got this email from hydor:
Remove the impeller and look at the bottom side of the wing. The bushing in the bottom of the wing should be flush with the bottom of the wing. Push the bushing back into place and the Koralia will perform normally.

gill again68

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3249645
just got this email from hydor:
Remove the impeller and look at the bottom side of the wing. The bushing in the bottom of the wing should be flush with the bottom of the wing. Push the bushing back into place and the Koralia will perform normally.
Does this mean that they didnt install them correctly to begin with? Does this mean that they will be correcting the issue going forward? Is this another Toyota recall??

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Gill again68
http:///forum/post/3249690
Does this mean that they didnt install them correctly to begin with? Does this mean that they will be correcting the issue going forward? Is this another Toyota recall??

The little resistor short circuits, the prop starts spinning to fast, shoots right out the front of the tank and keeps going...

nycbob

just received my new bushing from hydor in the mail. all u hv to do is email them ur name and address. the new bushing part should prevent the powerheads from spinning backward if under a wavemaker.

pirates

WoW thanks i will have to try i just bought the 750 three of them my self for a wavemaker is it hard to put in the new parts