ladyreefseekers 90gallon set-up

gmford1979

Those are awsome looking rocks. i'm guessing you have the pick of the litter though. lol. keep posting pics please!!

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
So, It has officially been one week today since complete set up. I do not recommend the "quick" set up method I used, however, I have used this method before on a much smaller scale and was successful so I tried it again. So far everything is as expected. I have the normal touch of brown on the top of my sand. No set up goes without a transition period. I am checking my parameters often. I do have some sediment from the rocks that will gather in a pile on the sand but I just siphon the pile out (We're talking about a very small pile...) I'm doing what I can to reduce the nitrate/nitrite triggers.
I did notice strange behavior this morning that made me worry a little. The Latticed butterfly was in hiding mode after spending all week acting as if it were king of the reef and it wasn't readily eating like it had become accustomed to. This made me weary because it may indicate a water quality problem. I'm just not completely sure what the deal was(maybe ph flux) but it has since resumed grazing and making its rounds around the tank.
I found a buddy for my Latticed Butterfly. I had a Copperband on my list for this tank but the ones we have had at SWF have been to big for what I want. The Copperband Butterfly I found today is the perfect size and it looked great. I also picked up a Canary Blenny.

And I'm throwing in a pic of a portion of my 120...just cuz I'm proud of it. I love this hobby!!!!!!!!!!

meowzer

wow...beautiful.....good luck with the copperband....I love them, but mine did not make it....I have not tried again..not sure I will
You like yellow...LOL

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383546/ladyreefseekers-90gallon-set-up/60#post_3357648
wow...beautiful.....good luck with the copperband....I love them, but mine did not make it....I have not tried again..not sure I will
You like yellow...LOL
Lol! My husband said "What's up with all the yellow?'' I agree. It just happened to be all the yellows that became available first.
I have never kept butterflies so that is a new endeavor for me. Not quite in my comfort zone but I like living on the edge and learning new things.

chain

Coming along great!. Really like the aquascaping you did. Also that copperband will eat the far out of any apstasia if you happen to have any on your live rock. Good double purpose fish. I know everyone else has already said it, but that is some great looking rock you have. Truly best of Luck in your ever continuing endeavor. Will keep a ever watchful eye out as the build advances.

al&burke

Ladyreefkeeper ( Ladyreefseeker sorry) - your new tank looks amazing and the fish are great - your 120 looks awesome as well - I like the rockscape especially in the middle section where it looks like a nice ledge going. Please post some more pictures love seeing it. thanks Al