Lagoonal Reef

vibe

its like super zooanthids. but they dont row like zooanthids. they grow more like blastamosa. i might be worng but just adding my insight. very impressive by the way bang guy
:D .

d12monkey

Originally posted by Bang Guy
No need to buy a book. Just post here on SWF.COM & I'll answer... happily :)

:D want to type up those notes?
I'll get them edited and bound for you. Might hit NY Times Best Sellers List.

Seriously if you want to, I'll put some time into it. I'm sure people here will be willing to cover costs of binding these. Right guys. It'll be Dr. Bang Ultimate Aquaria guidebook.
:thinking: Like the idea already.
By the way AWESOME job on the project. Looks gorgeous. I'm left speechless.

T

tuningvis

so is it Dr. Bang yet ???
:D
the help you provide on this site is amazing... thank you very much
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

bang guy

Originally posted by tuningvis
so is it Dr. Bang yet ???
:D

Yes! I recently completed the requirements for a Doctorate of Complexity Theory. Now I can focus more time on my reef :D

T

tuningvis

congrats guy .... more time to help us :D
are you getting any where with those dragonette(sp) fry ?

rubberduck

WOW BANG!:eek: :eek: :eek:
UR MY HERO:D
ok could u try to keep me in mind because i would love if u could tell me all u know about breeding mandarins. that is my ULTIMATE goal. could u send me an e-mail on all u do?
my e-mail is indyboy1990@juno.com
thx DR.bang:)
ps. congrats:cheer

shawnts106

Bang do you have any closeups of your lagoon??? like close ups underwater? is there a way you could take some, that would be truely awsome!!!
you have to figure out a way to take some closeups of some underwater and such!
this is about the neatest thing ive ever seen in my life, for someone to have acctually put a 900gallon lagoon reef in their home.. its really amazing! really is! I myself have often wondered how to make a kinda natural outdoor or even indoor reef... first I thought of buying a small above ground pool... this would work well... however the filter would be a bit of a problem... also the metal would.. and it would have to be triple lined in order to stop any puctures! Live rock would also be a problem.. finding large monsterous size chunks of live rock would be a problem... also, skimming would, leaf debris, vacuuming, waterchanges, additives, rainwater, buffing, pollutants, birds! LOL, insects, PEOPLE, your own body, finding a LFS or even internet supplyer that has enough live sand to cover a 15,000 gallon pool bottom up to 5 inches thick! possible a foot!
I WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS, adding just a simple glass building on top of this pool idea would eliminate sooo much of some of the problems, and then comes maintainence....like water changes, topoffs, vacumming, however with sand this wouldnt really be a problem IMO.... possibly a refugium, or just add live marine plants in the pool its self... and being careful not to add any herbivorous fishes... sticking to damsels, and anthias... maybe some six lined wrasses ... no tangs :(
possibly a clown or two.. or 15 or so... LOL!
corals wouldnt be a problem at all!!!... I WOULD BE ABLE TO GROW INFINATE NUMBERS OF SPS CORALS WITH THE NATURAL LIGHTING! LOL
also, current could be a problem... fixing this would be a task, not an impossible one, but not exactly easy!
If I ever win the lotery I am going to do this!... maybe! LOL!
the pool filters in use today with sand should be fine.... just add livesand instead of just playsand...hum... I wonder if anyone has ever tryed to do this... this would be sooo awsome if you could!
what do you all think?????
other than im nuts! haha

T

tuningvis

i just read through all of that... every line saying to myself... "this guy is nuts"
.... thats it from me:jumping:

superhero

Originally posted by tuningvis
are you getting any where with those dragonette(sp) fry ?

ya bang, how is that comming along?

neoreef

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Yes! I recently completed the requirements for a Doctorate of Complexity Theory. Now I can focus more time on my reef :D

Surely there is some relationship between complexity theory and reef aquaria!
Congratulations, Guy, that is quite an accomplishment.
Kathy

bdhough

I don't think i can post the site Bang Guy but I recently visited a store in Terra Haute Indiana that had a warehouse with lagoons setup, ie turf scrubbers. Lets just say its your operation times 12 and then some. They had seperate 30 gallon cubes setup for raising fish at least a 100 of them plus the 8-12 1000 gallon lagoons. I didn't quite count all of them. The stores name is Inland Aquatics. You could search google for them. Not the prettiest store but frikin amazing all the same. They grew their own mother colonies, mostly sps and softies, and would then resell them to the public. The kid who showed me around said he could frag me most anything all i had to do was look some and ask.....
Thought you might want to talk with someone like minded as you in reef keeping.