Lakers win NBA Championship and not ONE accolade?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3068674
You're right. Driving a 22 wheel, 92,000 # truck over snow and ice covered mountains with 5-8% grades and constant switchbacks is much easier than driving a car in lefthand circles. And a semi-obese "athlete", like Stewart proves nothing. You are the master of logic and clear thinking. We should all be in awe and reverence of the greatest athletes since the gladiators. Their prowess and skill is second to none. And none of us have ever done anything as technically challenging as driving in lefthand circles.

Please....of course driving a truck in those conditions is a skill, but comparing driving a truck through a mountain to being a professional race car driver at the highest level...Embarrassing.

reefraff

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3068674
You're right. Driving a 22 wheel, 92,000 # truck over snow and ice covered mountains with 5-8% grades and constant switchbacks is much easier than driving a car in lefthand circles. And a semi-obese "athlete", like Stewart proves nothing. You are the master of logic and clear thinking. We should all be in awe and reverence of the greatest athletes since the gladiators. Their prowess and skill is second to none. And none of us have ever done anything as technically challenging as driving in lefthand circles.

If it's soooo easy why don't people from other sports take it up and win at it?

miaheatlvr

You know whats an easy way to put this to bed? Take a professional NASCAR driver and give him 1 year to play basketball. Now take a professional NBA player and give him one year to practice driving a NASCAR car.. Whos better at switching sports? The NASCAR driver trying to play Basketball or the NBA player driving a NASCAR car?? Easy answer!

mantisman51

Good point Heat and there are tens of thousands, if not more, who can drive just as well as professional drivers, but don't pursue it-IMO. Very few are talented at basketball or football, etc, to get in. But, back to the original point of the thread: The talent level od basketball appears to have become so low that it really isn't that entertaining for me. I know they've had to make some rule changes the last few years to get scoring back up, due to the dismal shooting. If someone loves basketball, NASCAR or any other sport, that's great-I just can't get into it too much. But I do know that NASCAR is the second highest grossing sport in the world, behind the NFL. So, the Frances and the drivers are doing something right. I also think that the NFL has been rigged for the last 15-20 years, to a large extent. What opened my eyes was the 94 or 95 Super Bowl between Dallas and Pittsburg. That game was a total set up.

kjr_trig

You are both missing the point
Nobody is arguing the fact that Basketball and Football players are better "athletes". Driving is skill. No matter what the sport, the cream rises to the top. If "little Timmy" hops in a go cart and is a natural, somebody will notice, if he is you guys, nobody cares. Sports like golf and driving and skiing are a lot more expensive for the average person and thus the "pool" of talent is smaller, but the guys doing it at the highest level (such as Nascar) are more talented than the average person.....FYI Randy Moss of NFL fame owns a Truck in the "Truck Series", you don't see him jumping into it to try to compete though.

reefraff

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/3068931
You know whats an easy way to put this to bed? Take a professional NASCAR driver and give him 1 year to play basketball. Now take a professional NBA player and give him one year to practice driving a NASCAR car.. Whos better at switching sports? The NASCAR driver trying to play Basketball or the NBA player driving a NASCAR car?? Easy answer!
Easy answer? You bet. 99% of NBA players couldn't fit behind the wheel

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3067669
1. Wilt
2. Tie Magic/Larry
3. Jordan
4. Jabbar
5. Tie Kobe/Shaq/Dr. J./
Nobody has ever dominated the game like Wilt, nobody.
Johnson was a master court general and could take over a game filling what ever role was needed, guard, forward or even center. Bird could also take over a game and had a killer instinct like no other. He could always hit the big shot that was a dagger in the heart of the opposition.
Jordan is jordan. He took Dr. J's highlight reel and turned it into a routine game.
Jabbar was never dominant, just a half step better than anyone else and constant. A great player to have on a team with good talent but not someone who could take over a game by himself
I think Bryant has a chance to pull Jordan back to the the rest of the pack as far as greats go for those who never saw people like Wilt play the game or Bird and Magic in their prime. Another Championship and he separates himself from Shaq and the good doctor. If he matches Jordans rings I think he puts himself on the same plateau.
nice list.
I can understand Wilt being 1st in ur opinon. Ive never seen him play, but have read hit stats, reead articles so Ic an respect that as a 1st.
But a tie between Magic and Bird for the 2nd spot? I mean at least just magic. Bird remains the most overrrated "NBA SUPERSTAR" I wont even go into why he was so hyped up and overrated.
If I had to arrange the list u made itd be
Jordan
Kobe
Wilt
Magic
Jabber
I might take Bird of the Dr

locoyo386

Hi there,
So no one thinks that Bill Rusell, Robert Pettit, Oscar Robetson or Jerry West or even Tim Duncan are among the top five players of All-Time?

reefraff

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/3069398
nice list.
I can understand Wilt being 1st in ur opinon. Ive never seen him play, but have read hit stats, reead articles so Ic an respect that as a 1st.
But a tie between Magic and Bird for the 2nd spot? I mean at least just magic. Bird remains the most overrrated "NBA SUPERSTAR" I wont even go into why he was so hyped up and overrated.
If I had to arrange the list u made itd be
Jordan
Kobe
Wilt
Magic
Jabber
I might take Bird of the Dr
Bird had some serious mojo when it came to doing the right thing at the right time. It was sorta like watching Joe Montana play football. There were a lot better QB's out there but he was a winner.

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by locoyo386
http:///forum/post/3069404
Hi there,
So no one thinks that Bill Rusell, Robert Pettit, Oscar Robetson or Jerry West or even Tim Duncan are among the top five players of All-Time?
Bill, Jerry, and Oscar can amke the top 10 list. Maybe Jerry falls into my top 5

bionicarm

Looks like Shaq is heading to Cleveland to play with Lebron:
The Phoenix Suns have agreed in principle to send center Shaquille O'Neal to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, cash and a second-round pick in Thursday's draft, according to multiple reports

tank a holic

It worked out well, I said earlier I'd like to see it and now Shaq's comin to the Q.
guess we'll see what thursday brings
and no I dont concider tim duncan in the top 5 current or all time maybe
top 25

reefraff

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3071362
Looks like Shaq is heading to Cleveland to play with Lebron:
The Phoenix Suns have agreed in principle to send center Shaquille O'Neal to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, cash and a second-round pick in Thursday's draft, according to multiple reports
I think the suns got a great deal
I have always thought once SHaq lost that fast first step he was going to be nothing special. I wouldn't mind seeing him have one last moment of glory but I am not sure he is going to be a net positive for the cavs.