LARGE Plywood Tank Build

acrylic51

Sorry Bronco......and to LoogieLV.....I didn't and wasn't trying to hijack this thread....Just that when someone has been through the trial and errors of a build like this it's rather easy (or correct) to seek his advice on the build.....Trust me I would never post any pics or such of my build in here since it is Broncos' thread....I don't ever recall asking about size, cost, etc.....Because when it comes to the hobby it doesn't matter to me if "you" actually look at my last build so you'd understand...... I was merely trying to "pick" Broncos' brain for areas of attention and detail I need to pay close attention to or areas that I feel I've gotten gray information...... And honestly LoogieLV.....when you want to post some of your work up here and tell me to go back and reread I'd seriously take your advice......
......With that said.....Great thread Bronco, and so I won't upset LoogieLV I'll just have to give you a call and ask about other details since it really upsets his reading.......Again....maybe he could figure it all out and feel comfortable having 100's of gallons of saltwater in his familyroom that he built......Actually I think I posted early in the begining of this thread and the last 2 pages, so again sorry LoogieLV for inquiring to get "detailed" information...don't honestly remember seeing Bronco post about glass size or the mitered angle cuts for the reinforcements.....OHHHHHH!!!!! I guess you can tell all that from pics.....And I know for a fact the actually saw settings weren't said, because I fingured them out and posted them on another site, once I played all evening at it.......

greenreefer

Don't stop asking your questions here. It keeps more of us from having to PM Bronco later and ask the same things. I understand what LoogieLV was saying, that it seems like clutter if you are only trying to view the updated pics, but that's part of using a board.
LoogieLV, I think next time a PM would be more effective, either to Bronco and if Bronco thought it was a distraction then he could PM acrylic or you could PM acrylic directly and ask politely for them to take the Q and A offline, but really I appreciate it. If you don't have PM yet, then probably just best to hold your tongue until you do.

acrylic51

Exactly.....I never wanted Bronco to repost pics.....I just wanted specific details......And besides Bronco and I have replied and talked through PM (actually I hate using the PM feature) and over the phone. Didn't see any harm in asking detailed questions as you stated others might want to know as well, if they are contemplating a similar build now or in the future........

bronco300

its alright guys, questions are great...i understand both sides, but to me it doesnt matter until someone starts posting tons of pics of their things,lol...so no issues, ask all the questions anyone wants and I'll do my best to answer! if you ask how many gallons, even if i've said it 100 times i'll say it again
Its an honor to be able to actually pass on information to others for once,haha...even if I dont know a ton, i will give the info I can...so moving on! Tomorrow I will be getting my glass and brandan will be making it i have no idea when, hopefully as soon as he can....I'll try to get a movie or pics of the fish i have, but they like to hide a lot.

grubsnaek

How many gallons??? just joshing...
Bronco what do you have planned for a Show piece. whether its coral. or a fish. live rock. etc, etc

indy1

WOW is all I can say Luke. I am completely impressed with your tank. I never knew you had such skills! Everything looks top notch on your build. VERY well done. Maybe one of these days I can stop by and check it out in person.
And here I thought you were just a humble customer service rep. at work
Scott W.

bronco300

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
http:///forum/post/2830182
How many gallons??? just joshing...
Bronco what do you have planned for a Show piece. whether its coral. or a fish. live rock. etc, etc
welllllllll, i'm not sure about a show piece...I either want some amazing monti caps or encrusting montis...or a giant anemone with some good ol hosting clowns....or maybe the ribbon eel will take the spotlight.
Originally Posted by Indy1

http:///forum/post/2830421
WOW is all I can say Luke. I am completely impressed with your tank. I never knew you had such skills! Everything looks top notch on your build. VERY well done. Maybe one of these days I can stop by and check it out in person.
And here I thought you were just a humble customer service rep. at work
Scott W.

haha, thanks scott, I suppose I can let you stop by...I'll have to blindfold you first though so you can't find your way back!

bronco300

and here are a couple pictures of the leopard wrasse(female bipartus)..and a mccoskers flasher wrasse, the other is hiding still.

grubsnaek

i too like monti caps. especially when you have a variety of colored caps. and anemone would look good. plenty of room. in a tank that big, of coarse ur tank ur call. but a tank that big. one big show fish would look nice, or a pair of something. something that does get rather big so it stands out. i believe when you have something that big, you tend to notice the little things better. meaning smaller fish, corals, inverts......

nwdyr

Looking good as always Bro!!

I don't mind re-reading stuff
Helps me catch up on the stuff I miss

spanko

Nice wrasse. (hmmmm that sounds kinda strange one dude to another).

Was that an Idol or a Heniochus? I love butterfly fish there are some really nice ones. (just sayin................)

bronco300

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
http:///forum/post/2830873
i too like monti caps. especially when you have a variety of colored caps. and anemone would look good. plenty of room. in a tank that big, of coarse ur tank ur call. but a tank that big. one big show fish would look nice, or a pair of something. something that does get rather big so it stands out. i believe when you have something that big, you tend to notice the little things better. meaning smaller fish, corals, inverts......
yea..we'll see how it pans out..i think i'll have a ton of great fish...red stripe anthias, ribbon eel, achilles tang
Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2831252
Looking good as always Bro!!

I don't mind re-reading stuff
Helps me catch up on the stuff I miss

thanks

Originally Posted by spanko

http:///forum/post/2831486
Nice wrasse. (hmmmm that sounds kinda strange one dude to another).

Was that an Idol or a Heniochus? I love butterfly fish there are some really nice ones. (just sayin................)

haha pervert
it is a heniochus, love them...i want a tiny school of them

hocky

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2830782
welllllllll, i'm not sure about a show piece...I either want some amazing monti caps or encrusting montis...or a giant anemone with some good ol hosting clowns....or maybe the ribbon eel will take the spotlight.

I have a friend with an orange monti cap that is (no exaggeration) 2 feet around and many, many layers thick. I has consumed a huge portion of his 180g tank. If you want some big monti, he is the guy that you want to get it from. Let me know if you want to get ahold of him.

brandan

GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being the nice guy that I am, I decided to go ahead and build the custom sumps for Luke! Over the years we have done many things to help each other out. Looks like it is my turn, here ya go Luke. Only one left to do tonight, might be able to get these over to you sooner than I thought.
Bottom Pane
3 Sides
4 Sides, DONE
The cuts on the glass were near perfect. . . Every pane lined up VERY well.
One down, One to go. I should have time to work on the other tonight. Hopefully the silicone has cured enough last night and today to move it when I get home from work today so I can use the table space for Sump #2

yukon

Nice job so far on the sumps Brandan
Looks great!!
Are you planning on doing any kind support structure around the glass?