leather ID please

debbie

I would like to send a pic of this leather I have. I posted a different pic of it when I first got it a while back, now it is in a different location. Can anyone id what type of leather it is for sure?
It looks nothing like my toadstool I also have but was sold as a toad stool.. :thinking:

debbie

But what a weird looking shape..... :thinking: I thought toadstools should look like toadstools?? My other one definatley looks like a toadstool.

T

tizzo

It will eventually look like a normal toadstool. By "fragged" a piece was cut off of the original that has attached to the rock. That piece has yet to grow a stem but it will.

fishgeek01

I will second the thought that it is a toad stool, but i think it could also be a devils hand based on the polyp placement and color

dieselndix

i just fragged my toadstool, and the frags are starting to grow....they look just like that right now....give it time and the top will grow to look more like what you are expecting.

reefkprz

I would agree with the general consesus that its most likly a toad stool leather. I have one that is almost 14" accross the top and the frags I cut off it tend to look just like that for a while. it looks like it may be wanting more light though..