Leaving the hobby

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you will be sticking around with SWF, Guy. You are too important 'round here! I'd miss you way too much.
I do have to say, that its been five years since you helped me with relocating my last and final reef tank....I am still, from time to time, thinking of setting up again, however. Once salt gets in your blood, seems hard to shake it.

scopus tang

While I understand the reasoning, and support your decision, I have to say it saddens me to read that you are leaving the hobby. Truly your lagoon tank is/was an insperation. On the other hand, I'm glad to see that you are staying around to continue to share your wealth of experience with the reefing community. Wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors where ever they may lead you, and I'm sure we'll bounce into each other here and there. Later my friend.

sepulatian

Aw Guy, I am sorry that you are leaving the hobby, but am overJOYED that you will stick around with us! You have so much knowledge to give, and a witty personality to boot! It would be a sad sad day if you ever left us.

spanko

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3267111
I'm downsizing my life. After keeping reef tanks for over 30 years I've made the difficult decision to reduce my impact on the environent. This means growing more of my own food, living more off the land, and reducing my energy consumption. A reef tank doesn't fit into this change of lifestyle. I will probably keep an aquarium, just not anything requiring intense lighting and massive waterflow.
So how's this all working out for you so far?

lovethesea

wow....somehow that is exactly what I expected. Compete success. Congrats!! If you were my neighbor, you would be missing a few items.

bang guy

Originally Posted by lovethesea
http:///forum/post/3299188
wow....somehow that is exactly what I expected. Compete success. Congrats!! If you were my neighbor, you would be missing a few items.

I regulary share the overages. Especially Tomatoes, Yellow Squash, and Zucchinni. I've been breaking into cars to leave Zucchinni in the back seats. I have WAY too many.

shogun323

Ummmmm..... what's with the rows of Cannibis in the background? JK It looks great. I wish I had the resources to do the same down here.

I'm starting my first garden next year, I can't wait!! I just grew a couple tomato plants this year but after tasting the difference, forget the store bought stuff. There is no comparison.

al&burke

You can put them in hammocks or slings and tie them to the main stake. Nice garden, I too am an avid gardener.