Lemme see your "loaded with liverock" pics!

puffer32

Good luck with trying another maroon, mine was having no parts of a mate! I know others have had better luck though.
INMO you are pushing it with adding another angel, i wouldn't press my luck, consider yourself lucky with what you have, it usually doesn't work out that way.

tx reef

Originally Posted by RoushRacer
Ha, yeah I may be a lil overstocked but all levels are perfect and fish are doing great.
I have in my 29:
Yellow Tang
Lemonpeel Angel
Coral Beauty
Yellow Tail Blue Damsel
White Striped Maroon Clown
Black & White Clown (sabae or saddleback?)
6 Line Wrasse
Lawnmower Blenny
Bi-Color Blenny
Green Chromis (x3)
30 Hermits
30 Snails
Arrow Crab
Emerald Crab (x3)
Feather Duster (x3)
This tank is only temp till I get my large corner tank going...
Wow.
I have 6 fish in my 55 and I believe that I am pushing it.
In my opinion you are headed for disaster.
Good luck.

seannmelly

I don't know if you would consider mine loaded with rock but it's a 125 gallon with close if not more then 250lbs of live rock. Oh yea, these pics are before I changed from 10k 150watt mh bulbs to 14k bulbs.
Melly

seannmelly

Originally Posted by TX Reef
How do like those 14k bulbs? I have 15k 175 watt XM bulbs and I love them.
They are 100% better then the 10k bulbs by far! But they aren't bright enough for me, and I have 4x96watt pc and it's a little too blue for me. But I would like to try 12k, I know they make them but idk if they would fit my fixture or not? I'm not changing them because I paid $90 for 3 bulbs(which was a great deal) to me thats alot and I want to get my money's worth lol. Don't get me wrong I get AMAZING polyps extension on alot of my stuff!! And I love how it enhances the color on...EVERYTHING lol. But I would like it to be a little bit brighter, and am a little bit worried about coral growth. It's too soon to tell but still worried for the future. However, I still get the same amount of algae, my Phosphate tests 0 and only have the mh on for 5-6 hours.
Melly

seannmelly

Originally Posted by taznut
nice pics... and IMO 250lbs is A LOT of lr... even being in a 125gal...
We've collected live rock over the years and two tanks, and we bought a 155 w/ 250lbs of live rock and added some of that. So we are close to 250. I don't think it's alot. My theory is the more the merrier. lol. I don't have plans on adding anymore however. If anything taking some of the round pieces out if I found shelve pieces. We are running out of room for corals... But thanks for the comment.
Melly

sign guy

seannmelly I never realized how much light could be blocked by that center brace. who makes your tank?

seannmelly

Originally Posted by sign guy
seannmelly I never realized how much light could be blocked by that center brace. who makes your tank?
o boy, don't even get me started on that center brace :mad: !!!!! Perfecto!!! The only reason I cannot complain is because the overflows are in the corners and out of the way. All glass has 2 center braces on the 125's but the overflows are on the back part of the glass. Now, w/ the new mh bulbs, the shadow isn't as bad but you can still see it. That's where I put the mushrooms and other less light demanding corals!! I honestly don't know why they would make tanks with one center brace because of the mh fixtures!!! Alright I hope I answered your questions without ranting too much!! lol
Melly
P.S. oh yea, I had to put aluminum foil AROUND the brace because my center mh started melting it....

sign guy

ummm......I hate to do this to ya but aga has three 125 models one has no overflows one has backs and one has corners

sign guy

Originally Posted by seannmelly
o boy, don't even get me started on that center brace :mad: !!!!! Perfecto!!! The only reason I cannot complain is because the overflows are in the corners and out of the way. All glass has 2 center braces on the 125's but the overflows are on the back part of the glass. Now, w/ the new mh bulbs, the shadow isn't as bad but you can still see it. That's where I put the mushrooms and other less light demanding corals!! I honestly don't know why they would make tanks with one center brace because of the mh fixtures!!! Alright I hope I answered your questions without ranting too much!! lol
Melly
P.S. oh yea, I had to put aluminum foil AROUND the brace because my center mh started melting it....
go to aga's site and download there brocher

taznut

really nice tank melly... is there a way you could put two braces (about 1/4 and 3/4 across the tank) and get rid of the one thats directly under the light...i dont know if this is at all possible because of the weight in the tank but its an idea...

seannmelly

Originally Posted by taznut
really nice tank melly... is there a way you could put two braces (about 1/4 and 3/4 across the tank) and get rid of the one thats directly under the light...i dont know if this is at all possible because of the weight in the tank but its an idea...
Thanks! I was thinking about cutting this one out and putting in a clear one like plexiglass or something. But I don't like messing with the tank like that. All I need is for the tank to crack or fall apart and that would be the end of me owning a tank!! It doesn't really bother me as much anymore because like I said w/ the 14k bulbs it isn't as noticable. And it's where I have my mushrooms and a torch coral, so it's not that bad. I'll have to post new pics when I get around to it. Thanks again!
Melly

newjim

this is my 29 gal /not sure how much l/r had to urgrade to a new tank had to much live rock.no room for any corals :happyfish

joncat24

Looks very nice newjim....just one thing for ya to consider....a background on it would make it look WAY better...IMO

J

jrthomas40

man all these tanks are really good....makes me kinda insecure about mine :(

madman33

ill get some pics of mine sometime here...currently waging a war against a hair algea breakout....but once that is over i will post acouple.

turbulence

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
man all these tanks are really good....makes me kinda insecure about mine :(
ya you should be ashamed