Lemme see your "loaded with liverock" pics!

B

brstwv

roushracer where did u get your canopy/light u know what i mean ? let me know thanx

46bfinga

heres a couple of my tanks
heres my 46 reef its got about 150lbs.

heres my 120 fowlr its got approx. 240lbs

heres a couple of the inhabitants in my fowlr

miamireefr

46bfinga said:
heres a couple of my tanks
heres my 46 reef its got about 150lbs.

Great looking coraline growth and tank...How long has it been setup? I also have a 46 reef as well and it's been up about 8-9 months now and has decent coraline growth but I want my rocks to be puuurple without the use of purple up.. My current doses include seachem calcium at half a capful every other day but I also have 4 bottles of esv b-ionic I am considering to switch too. I also know a calcium reactor is best but I don't have any stonies which would really require it nor do I care to spend that kinda cash on it. I also heard kalkwasser is great but if overdosed can be a pain to deal with. Whats your method?
Thanks

ginarox

wow!!! everyones tanks look so awesome...i really enjoy looking at everyones tanks, and each one is so different,,thanks for sharing have a great day..

46bfinga

hey Miamireefr,my tank has been setup for about two and a half years now.i had trouble getting coraline to grown much for the first year or so,it really takes time for your tank to mature and become stable.I starting dosing mrs wages pickling lime for my calcium.very similar to Kalkswasser if your not familiar with it,but way cheaper to buy.mix it just like kalk and drip it in the tank 2-3 drops a second.makes the coralline grow like crazy.i actually stopped dosing it because the coralline was getting hard to mantain on the glass.i dose kent turbo calcium now when i do water changes every couple weeks.hope that helps!

cnall

Love all of the tanks. I am just starting my first FOWLR with a 38 gallon and you have given me some great ideas..I love the large cave MRDC.
I have seen someone build two piles, one on either side of the tank with an open field in the middle is this a viable option or is there a reason this isn't common?

mrdc

Originally Posted by Cnall
Love all of the tanks. I am just starting my first FOWLR with a 38 gallon and you have given me some great ideas..I love the large cave MRDC.
I have seen someone build two piles, one on either side of the tank with an open field in the middle is this a viable option or is there a reason this isn't common?
Thanks and it's an option. It's a matter of what you like.