Let me hear about your Triggers!

marillion

Originally posted by HolaCanthus
I keep 2 Red Sea Undulates, a Picasso, a Queen, Titan, Clown, Blue-line, Niger, Bursa, and a Hawaiian Black Trigger.

Wow...what size tank is this? :)
I have a blueline, picasso, and titan in a 5-foot tank right now. Gonna prolly keep it at that for while until I can get a bigger tank, then I'll add a couple more triggers...
Peace,
Chip

i had a undulated
niger
clown
huma huma
and lionfish
sfe
big tomato clown
and oneday all was well when out of nowhere the undulated and the huma huma went for the same peace of food and the huma huma lost it eye and out of shock it died than the niger went crazy and never came out of my big sea shell than died than my undulated and clown started to face off so i got rid of the undulated and keep the clown which died of starvationj because he tryed to attack a big hermit crab i had and while doing so ripped his mouth and couldn,t eat poor baby i m,iss him ,but the strange thing the clown fish ,eel ,lionfish all are still alive and i added a porky puffer and the other day scored a awesome deal for a show clowntrigger about 7 inches big for 60 bucks which would sell easy for 125 but i,am thinking of getting one more trigger maybe a pinktail or huma huma they are so cool mine use to eat from my hand until he died rip fat boy :(

holacanthus

Marillion I have about 20 tanks in my home and I own an Aquarium Maintenence company and In our office we are currently setting up a 440g reef which we've already spent over $10,000 on!

jferrier

A brief history of the undulate trigger in my household:
Purchased by roomate Don for $12.00
Upon release from the bag (as we had tried to warn him) it began killing everything in site. Crabs, fish, and even when it was so full from eating it cont. to kill as though it was just having fun.
The last survivor a fairly large coral beauty held out for two days.
The trigger was then politely thrown into a small 10 gallon setup with no temp. or water acclimation and it scoffed death.
A week later it underwent corrective eye surgery. Don actually had it in the net out of the water and pulled of a white growth with tweezers as I kept squirting water to keep it wet. No phasing this killer.
I am now using him to cycle my new 58 gallon and am experimenting with different power head setups. He was sucked into the intake recently for so long when i pryed him off thinking he was dead he had a ring around his whole body like a hickey would give you. He once again got sucked in face first and worked himself loose aftyr a couple of minutes. Don is goping to use him to cylce his new 80 gallon when I get going. Anyhow
I have lost many fish and have never seen one as hardy and downright mean as this little 2 inch fish.

eelfan77

i have an undulated trigger and she was shy when i first got her. now she comes out alot more. they say they stop being shy after they r 100% used to the tank there in. i love mine she has a very cool personality.

keri

Originally Posted by jferrier
Upon release from the bag (as we had tried to warn him) it began killing everything in site. Crabs, fish, and even when it was so full from eating it cont. to kill as though it was just having fun.
The trigger was then politely thrown into a small 10 gallon setup with no temp. or water acclimation and it scoffed death.
A week later it underwent corrective eye surgery. Don actually had it in the net out of the water and pulled of a white growth with tweezers as I kept squirting water to keep it wet. No phasing this killer.
I am now using him to cycle my new 58 gallon and am experimenting with different power head setups. He was sucked into the intake recently for so long when i pryed him off thinking he was dead he had a ring around his whole body like a hickey would give you. He once again got sucked in face first and worked himself loose aftyr a couple of minutes. Don is goping to use him to cylce his new 80 gallon when I get going. Anyhow
I have lost many fish and have never seen one as hardy and downright mean as this little 2 inch fish.

OMG... That is terrible/awesome....I'm rooting for your killer fish

hammerhed7

Originally Posted by jferrier
A little research goes a long way, the trigger is doing what it is known to do. Yet misinformed people seem to be surprised when this happens to them. Take the fish back to the lfs for credit on something else, just because it is a hardy aggressive fish that will survive adverse conditions does not mean it should be subjected to them as some sort of revenge just because it exhibited it's natural behavior.

lucky?

My undulated is very shy from what i can see 2 months in the tank, but after consistantly reading horror storys of the fish I think I'll take him out and give it it's own tank.