Let Me See Your Black And White Clowns

robchuck

I've been trying to get a decent pic of my B&W clowns for 6 months now, and this is the best I've been able to come up with.
They are captive bred from ORA and are sold as Darwin Clownfish.

fishman830

Originally posted by Bang Guy
I was just envisioning this Clam riding around on the back of a Clownfish.

hmmm i'd love to get a clown that had a clam on his back!

cincyreefer

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
cincyreefer, yours are not really b&w clowns. Those are the black onyx perculas.

Yeah I am not big into naming a percula color variant some exotic name so I can act like I have something extremely rare. They came in as a pair of black and white percula from Papua New Guinea, and I normally just go by fish names from distributors since most distributors generally seem to use the same names for fish. I know they are not a real common percula color variant, but they were much cheaper than most of my other fish.

cincyreefer

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
And I know where you can get a pair for $149 +s&h.

Wow, is this why my 9 month old clowns sell like hotcakes for $15 a piece? :)

viper_930

Originally posted by cincyreefer
Wow, is this why my 9 month old clowns sell like hotcakes for $15 a piece? :)

Wow, you raise the fry too? Still got any availiable? I'd be willing to pay more than $15.

dpvcobra

I keep my black and white with my orange percs and they seem to get along just fine. Infact, here's the best pic I could take...

and here is my black clown himself...

bang guy

Originally posted by Laddy
Are black percs suppose to be all black

I've never seen nor heard of a pure Black & White Percula. The Onyx are close (and beautiful IMO). All of the all Black & White "Percs" I have seen were Ocellaris.