Lets Get to Know McCain.

jmick

Not sure about anyone else, but the 100's if not 1000's of pages dedicated to Obama and the same old bullet points are getting old and it's time we shift gears and see what McCain is all about. I can't wait to see the mob come running to defend a candidate that makes them sick...well, not as sick as the "radical".
Here are a few fun facts:
10 things you should know about John McCain (but probably don’t): (This is from my friends at MoveOn.org)
1. John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he says his position has “evolved,” yet he’s continued to oppose key civil rights laws.1
2. According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain “will make Cheney look like Gandhi.”2
3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.3
4. McCain opposes a woman’s right to choose. He said, “I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned.”4
5. The Children’s Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children’s health care bill last year, then defended Bush’s veto of the bill.5
6. He’s one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a “second job” and skip their vacations.6
7. Many of McCain’s fellow Republican senators say he’s too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: “The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He’s erratic. He’s hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.”7
8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.8
9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his “spiritual guide,” Rod Parsley, believes America’s founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a “false religion.” McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church “the Antichrist” and a “false cult.”9
10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.10

jmick

More fun facts:
McCain touts the endorsement of Oliver North (noted traitor). Will be interesting if McCain is elected and goes to war with Iran and the missles/equipment North sold to the Ayatollah in Iran are used to kill our sons and daughters.
Finished forth or fifth to last in his class at Annapolis (was admitted based on the influence of his family).
This is a good story and shows his solid morals:
Before John McCain's tour of duty in Vietnam, he married Carol Shepp, a model from Philadelphia. On his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam in 1967, McCain was shot down and captured.
While he was imprisoned, Carol was in an auto wreck (1969), thrown through her car's windshield and left seriously injured. Despite her injures, she refused to allow her POW husband to be notified about her condition, fearing that such news would not be good for him while he was being held prisoner.
When McCain returned to the United States in 1973 after more than five years as a prisoner of war, he found his wife was a different person. The accident "left her 4 inches shorter and on crutches, and she had gained a good deal of weight."
In 1979 at a military reception in Honolulu, McCain met Cindy Hensley, an attractive 25-year-old woman from a very wealthy politically-connected Arizona family. Cindy's father, Jim, founded the Hensley and Company, the nation's third-largest Anheuser-Busch distributor.
McCain described their first meeting, "She was lovely, intelligent and charming, 17 years my junior but poised and confident. I monopolized her attention the entire time, taking care to prevent anyone else from intruding on our conversation. When it came time to leave the party, I persuaded her to join me for drinks at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. By the evening's end, I was in love."
While still married to Carol, McCain began an adulterous relationship with Cindy. He married Cindy in May 1980 -- just a month after dumping Carol and securing a divorce. The newlyweds honeymooned in Hawaii.
McCain followed his young, millionairess wife back to Arizona where her father helped catapult McCain into politics,
Today, Cindy Hensley McCain is chairwoman of Hensley's board of directors. Hensley and Company financial reports show assets worth a minimum of $28 million for the McCains
Other fun facts to google:
Donald Diamond + land deals
Najavo Indians
Sunni's and Shites
lobbyists

ruaround

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2644810
Just curious if you have any original thoughts on the subject?

i freakin love it!!!
but then again no political thought is original... so that statement is kind of an oxymoron... if one cant cut n paste from the news/information medium that he/she sides with there is not going to be a post...

reefraff

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2644810
Just curious if you have any original thoughts on the subject?
http://pol.moveon.org/mccain10/email.html

LOL nice catch. Heck, I'll vote for McCain just for #1. Evolve or not McCain was right to vote against creating another federal holiday. Us average working folk seldom get those holidays off. There was no reason to create another one. The ultimate compromise worked rather well I thought.

A

alexmir

Originally Posted by reefreak29
http:///forum/post/2644825
who cares they both suck imo
AMEN!!!!! waste of time even worrying about it........my vote is going to be cast into a pit, never seen or heard of again.
A very funny thing i heard on "The Dennis Miller Show" " Anyone who wants to be president should immediately be thrown out of the race. They should have to drag the new president into the white house kicking and screaming. And if the new pres. cant get the job done in 4 years, he should have to be kept there for another 4 years until he/she gets everything taken care of" hahahaha, just thought i would share. I LOVE DENNIS MILLER

reefraff

Originally Posted by alexmir
http:///forum/post/2644988
AMEN!!!!! waste of time even worrying about it........my vote is going to be cast into a pit, never seen or heard of again.
A very funny thing i heard on "The Dennis Miller Show" " Anyone who wants to be president should immediately be thrown out of the race. They should have to drag the new president into the white house kicking and screaming. And if the new pres. cant get the job done in 4 years, he should have to be kept there for another 4 years until he/she gets everything taken care of" hahahaha, just thought i would share. I LOVE DENNIS MILLER

I loved Miller's comment on Hillary although I was pulling for her against Obama.
"The woman who says she didn't know Bill Clinton was fooling around on her until Monica's blue dress is too stupid to be my president"

angler man

alexmir;2644988 said:
This is where I am as well. This may be the worst crop of politicians to choose from in a very long time. :(
We need a Ronald Regan to save us right now, but that mold wasn't just broke, it was shattered.

1journeyman

Considering the source for these "facts" it's going to be hard to get a serious conversation started. Seriously, MoveOn.org as your source? You can do better Jmick.
1. No problem with not voting for another federal holiday.
2. Good.
3. Good; I'm all for 30 seconds of scaring a terrorist into selling out his buddies
4. Good.
5. Don't know anything about the "Children's Defense Fund". They related to the WWF?
6. So being successful is a bad thing? Not in my book. McCain says get another job, Obama hires a Countrywide exec.
7. If they don't like him they should have backed a Conservative
8. Obama talks about lobbyists, yet used his own PAC to bribe Superdelegates. Seems like a wash to me.
9. Whole statement is full of inaccurracies.
10. Not my biggest priority atm

ruaround

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2645017
Considering the source for these "facts" it's going to be hard to get a serious conversation started. Seriously, MoveOn.org as your source? You can do better Jmick.
2. Good.
3. Good; I'm all for 30 seconds of scaring a terrorist into selling out his buddies
4. Good.
5. Don't know anything about the "Children's Defense Fund". They related to the WWF?
6. So being successful is a bad thing? Not in my book. McCain says get another job, Obama hires a Countrywide exec.
8. Obama talks about lobbyists, yet used his own PAC to bribe Superdelegates. Seems like a wash to me.
curse you for responding!!!

rylan1

I can't see how anybody could vote for McCain given the current direction of our United States... A vote for him is an extention of the previous administration...which given the last 7+ years has been horrendous. I'm still reading about Katrina and how people are still living under bridges and that $80 milllion worth of relief goods for Katrina victims stayed in a warehouse for 2 years and than was given to other agencies that had nothing to do with Katrina... Its just been bad and we are for sure worse off... mounting debt, economic crisis, a bad war, etc..etc... We need a new direction and I can't put my trust in McCain... I've listened to him speak and it doesn't leave me optimistic that his solutions (or lack thereof) will change anything.
Who is the real John McCain... we certainly don't know... he is very closed when it comes to his personal thoughts and views of things such as religion.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2645148
I can't see how anybody could vote for McCain given the current direction of our United States... A vote for him is an extention of the previous administration...which given the last 7+ years has been horrendous. I'm still reading about Katrina and how people are still living under bridges and that $80 milllion worth of relief goods for Katrina victims stayed in a warehouse for 2 years and than was given to other agencies that had nothing to do with Katrina... Its just been bad and we are for sure worse off... mounting debt, economic crisis, a bad war, etc..etc... We need a new direction and I can't put my trust in McCain... I've listened to him speak and it doesn't leave me optimistic that his solutions (or lack thereof) will change anything.
Who is the real John McCain... we certainly don't know... he is very closed when it comes to his personal thoughts and views of things such as religion.
LOL The radical left has a mydol moment because Bush talks about religion too much and now their panties are in an 8 way knot because McCain doesn't. A better question might be who's religious philosophy does Obama really follow, Wright's, Pfleger or Meek's

Katrina is proof that receiving services through a bloated central government doesn't work. It's too easy for dirtbags to scam the system and not responsive enough to offer the fexibility to do what's really right for the victims.

To whomever started this thread.
I have tried on several occasions to bring to light the fact that the presumptive Republican candidate has plenty of things on his side of the aisle that should cause "concern" for not only democrats, but especially republicans.
However, understand you are dealing with a forum that is 50% republican, 25% "quasi-republican", 10% libertarian, 5% "I could care less", and 10% democrat.
So, don't expect to get to much out of any of these people, ESPECIALLY when you use www.MoveOn.org as your source.
The best way to make a point, is to find some conservative point of view that brings these things to light. That being said, this is a good start...
Best of luck...

reefraff

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2645017
2. Good.
4. Good.
Number 3 is also a great example of the dishonesty of the left. For anyone who gets their news from a source other than a left-wing blog or BSNBC it is well known that McCain still favors a ban on waterboarding (which I disagree with him on) and why he supported the veto of the bill.

mie

I entertained the idea of voting for obama, but he is a freking democrat.
Sorry i cant go down that road.
Stupid social programs............