Lets Make This The Biggest Thread Ever!!

pitbull01

Originally Posted by treybomb
hey pitbull happy b-day almost... im 15 on the 8th of october... 2 more days .. i think???
thanks!! happy almost almost b-day!!! Yup , ur right-2 more days for you. 7 days for me.

treybomb

hey vi3tboi im in the same dilema as u.. i only have the stock lights too..
my ? is will the corals and fetaher dusters and sponges be okay without any lr??? all i have now is false coral and stuff... im doing FO in my 20

pitbull01

Originally Posted by jdragunas
i heard sun corals are kinda difficult to keep...
I have a 2 year old one-its doing great. I don't even target-feed, it just manages to get its own food.

pitbull01

Originally Posted by treybomb
hey vi3tboi im in the same dilema as u.. i only have the stock lights too..
my ? is will the corals and fetaher dusters and sponges be okay without any lr??? all i have now is false coral and stuff... im doing FO in my 20
they will be fine without live rock as long as you feed them-they both eat phytoplankton. However, they look MUCH better with live rock! In fact, sponges are BETTER kept under low lights because under high lights, algae grows on them and they choke and die. You know not to ever expose a sponge to air right?

pitbull01

when you are acclimating it, you will have to put the bag under water to get it out. Don't worry, a small amount of LFS water WILL get into your tank but it won't be enough to cause any harm.

pitbull01

Also, mushrooms and chili's and suns will be fine-like I said before. I just got PC's like a year ago but two years before that I used stock lights amd I had all the stuff I just mentioned with only 40 watts on a 55 gallon! It all did great!! For two years!!