Lets see some 75gal reef tanks!!

jayc

Steel- So how big is he now?
nic- That is one insane tank!! CAN YOU PLEASE POST SOME MORE PICS OF IT? And what kinda lighting are you using?
Josh

nic_u812

I have switched from MH to T5... I liked the idea of being able to get a retro to fit in a standard canopy. I really like the amount of light I can pack into that slim top...
I will get more pics up this week....

puffer32

Originally Posted by JayC
Sweet pics everyone! This is making me want a 75 more and more!... lol
Puffer32- What are you using for filtriation, circulation, and lights? And can you post some closeups?
exile- You sure do take good pics! I think my fav is the one with the lawnmower sticking his head out of that rock.
Keep the pics coming everyone!!
Josh

I have 100 LBs of LR, 150 LBS of LS. I use an aqua clear 4000 PH for surface movement and a 1200 maxi jet for mid tank movement. I have an aqua C remora skimmer and a whisper 4000 one side for carbon, the other side has LR rubble.

jayc

nic- Thanks, and I cant wait to see some more pics!!
puffer- Thanks for posting more pics, and the list.
This is really helping me out. Keep it up!
Josh

jasonj75

just wanted to ask, have you thought about getting a 90 instead of a 75? reason i asked is that they are the same size, all except that the 90 is taller! i had a 75 and didnt have the room to go larger so i got the 90 as an upgrade. honestly i dont know why i ever got a 75, i love the size of the 90 much more than the 75!

puffer32

I actually had both, liked the 75 better, easier to work in cause they aren't as tall, but you still have the same length, which is important for tangs and swimmers, up and down isn't as important. I would only upgrade from a 4 ft to a 6 ft for just that reason.

jayc

Yea, I agree with puffer, It is hard to clean really deep tanks! I used to have an hexagon aquarium, and I hated trying to clean that thing.
Josh

jayc

Wow!!! You all have b-e-a-t-i-f-u-l aquariums. Yall are making me so jealous. Can Yall please tell me more about your systems? Like what kinda lights and filters your using? I would really appreciate it since I'll need help picking out equitment.
And keep the pics coming everyone, I'm really enjoying this!!!!
Josh