Lets see some Ricordia shots!

bill109

hey everyone,
i went to the lfs only to be drooling over some of their corals. i saw this rock with about 4 yellow rics on it. i might go back and buy it.
for now, i have a couple of orange and green rics.
i want to see some nice rics that you dont see every day. i know for a fact there are people on here with some nice rics..

one quick question.. are there any colors of rics that are more rare than others? for ex. a yellow ric with a blue mouth and blue rim? is it more rare than your average orange ric?
lets see them..
i will upload pics later of mine!

bill109

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3242776

is that blue? got any daylight shots?
Thanks nissan577! they are just about ready to split. i have had them for a couple months now. i think both are about ready to split!

teresaq

here are my orange, I need to get pics of the others. I have teal green, peach and green, blue/purple and yellowy brown.

mell

I absolutely love ricordia! I've been looking around for some different colors...I've got a blue that recently split, a green and two orange/blue. I'm really looking for a pink one! I've found a couple online, but they were over $100! That's just insane. Anyone know where I could maybe find one? Or maybe some other really cool looking ones?

socalnano24

it's a blue/purple. That is a shot of it under my 50/50 bulbs, 10K/actinic....
So thats pretty much what it looks like :) Here's a macro with the flash to show a bit more trueness

Here's some of my other more standard ricorida

bill109

socal, that is a very nice blue ricordia. i bet that couldnt of been to cheap..
i havent seen a blue one before. nice shot.
btw, your tank looks sweet.

socalnano24

thanks dude, I'm pretty happy with it. It wasn't tooo expensive, only a little bit more than your standard orange and green ones.
I'm stoked its got 3 mouths now, so I'm assuming that means it'll be splitting soon?
I'm also hoping to find another new color combo one of these days.

bill109

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3242917
thanks dude, I'm pretty happy with it. It wasn't tooo expensive, only a little bit more than your standard orange and green ones.
I'm stoked its got 3 mouths now, so I'm assuming that means it'll be splitting soon?
I'm also hoping to find another new color combo one of these days.
look for a new mouth. it will develop a 2nd mouth before it actually splits. with mine, the blue edge looks like its trying to split, there is actually 2 mouths on mine. if i remmeber right, i saw the 2nd mouth beofre it looked like splitting

socalnano24

Ok, all this talk about ricordias got me anxious, I went and found an orange yuma, (is that technically a ricordia?)
Anyways I'm stoked! anyways here it is

speg

Ricordia yuma.. I say it counts :)
You guys have some nice ric floridas on here.. I'm more of a yuma fan though. All I see in the LFS here is ric floridas. Got a place here that sells them for $5 per ric.

diana_in_ca

Scopus, I'm envious of your collection. I just got my first 4. I'm setting up my 12 gal. NanoCube to propogate them. No one has them around my area (north of LA). I have 150 watt metal halides so they are at the bottom right now until the Cube cycles.