lets see some rock work

cmiles

i have ordered around 20 to 30 pounds more live rock, can you guys post some pictures of your rock work in your reef tanks so i can get some ideas. here is my 55 gallon i am hoping to add more rock and i would like to change my rockwork any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated. thanks.

fedukeford

heres my 55gallon reef.. but the pic is of when it wasnt a reef.. do you think i should get more rock? and also my cleaner in his cave

cmiles

i think it is a matter of preference, i have just decided that i want more rock. that is a great picture of your cleaner and fish.

saltyguy

pic of my 75. Tried to make it as close to natural as possible. Looks to me like your rock is kind of stacked into a wall, which there is nothing wrong with, but you don't get as much flow as u want that way. I think a lot of people get the misconception of putting there live rock together like a jig saw puzzle and try to find a piece to fit in the hole, when actually the opposite is what you want to do. leave plenty of gaps and caves for fish and water to be able to flow through.

farmboy

Here is our 75-not a lot of coral yet, but it's coming along. There is 100 pounds of rock in there and it looks like we could use a few more pieces!
We made a free standing wall. The pic from the end shows no rock touching the glass. Hope that this gives you some ideas.

cmiles

thanks for the pictures all of your tanks look awesome. i think i have gotten some ideas. thanks again.but feel free to keep the pictures coming.

matt819

This was my 55gal tank about 3 months into it...I did some small changes to it since then...but it pretty much looks the same. I did lose the sweetlips suddenly...I think he stopped eating. I didn't even see it coming. I got a cleaner shrimp yesterday and so far I'm having fun with the whole thing. Still shopping for light.

bunnyl99

farmboy --how do you make a free standing wall. I like the idea of the rock not touching the glass. Much easier to clean!

hybridfish

Originally Posted by mdog30001
im liking ur 30 gallon. Do u have any regular lights on it or just actinics?
It's more of a white blue in person and not a deep blue like in the picture. I took the shot at 2am w/ every other light source off. I'll take one during the day to see if there's any difference. I have a PC Current light fixture that has 10,000K 6500K and two types of acintics.

hot883

Originally Posted by fedukeford
heres my 55gallon reef.. but the pic is of when it wasnt a reef.. do you think i should get more rock? and also my cleaner in his cave
I think you need the 40 lbs. of base rock I am offering in the classified. Ha! And then you could stack your LR ontop.

reefnut

Very nice everyone!!!! Here's my 55g... no idea how many pounds of rock... I just stacked it to the top, not very creative