Lets see those IN-wall tanks!

muneyd00d

These tanks are all Beautiful. I dont own a house, seeing how i'm only 17. But That'd be awesome. I always thought how cool it'd be to have a giant fish tank surrounding your shower :p. Of course, it'd get all crappy and grimey because of soap scum and it'd be a pain to clean but it'd be badass. Anyway, Very slick tanks guys.

viet-tin

I too am 17 and dont own a house but my bro was nice enough to let me punch a hole in his wall and put a tank in it. I moved all the way from Hawaii to Texas to do so

puffer32

Originally Posted by BadDominio
rich jerks i have no money just a 5 gallon tank from buddy!
Well we work for what we have, what can I say?

bterry29

Here is my 125. I finished it in March or April of this year. I have a 55g as a sump/refugium. I really enjoy having this in the wall. It is in our basement family room and I find myself spending more time down here so I can watch the fish.
Here are a few pictures during the construction and after completion:
The opening:

The stand:

After completion but before sand and rock:

Completed:

hagfish

Originally Posted by bterry29
Here is my 125. I finished it in March or April of this year. I have a 55g as a sump/refugium. I really enjoy having this in the wall. It is in our basement family room and I find myself spending more time down here so I can watch the fish.
Here are a few pictures during the construction and after completion:
bterry, I was looking at your stand and noticed it is built the same as one my dad bought a few months ago. One thing we didn't like about it was that the weight of the tank ends up going onto the bolts holding the 2x4's at the top to the 4x4 legs. That seemed like too much weight to us so we decided to put a 2x4 upright between the bottom and top 2x4's so that the weight is resting on that instead of the bolts.
Just something to think about. The last thing anyone wants to see is a tank that has crashed to the ground. Not that that would happen necessarily, just better safe than sorry IMO.

jayc

These are some sweet setups!! I cant wait til I move out and buy my own house! lol
Josh

jamesthero

Originally Posted by psusocr1
JAMES where did you get those 2 awesome pieces of rock?

they are called weatherd lime you can get them at any landscape shop my fish love them.

chefrd38

Originally Posted by 300Galbaby
here are some current pictures of the tank

need to upload pics of equipment and hood
outstanding

mystic7

Originally Posted by ricks280
ok this is mine,(rick)

I prayed for a tank like that, but all I got was Dining Room chairs like yours. Seriously!
Beautiful setup, bro

bterry29

Thanks for the suggestion Hagfish. I had someone on another site suggest the same thing and I think I'm going to do that just to be safe. I'm not real good with projects like this but using the 2x6's hung in joist hangers, like a deck, I was thinking it would provide support evenly. Adding the 2x4's like you suggest would definitely provide additional support.