lfs has ritteri anenome for $30

viper_930

After seeing the condition of your BTA, IMO you should definitely not get any more anemones.
Your tank does not have enough lighting for any and ritteri anemones are extremely sensative to water stability. They're for experienced anemone keepers only IMO.
Please do your research on care of the animals you'd like to buy and not only on their price.

sfe

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
After seeing the condition of your BTA, IMO you should definitely not get any more anemones.
Your tank does not have enough lighting for any and ritteri anemones are extremely sensative to water stability. They're for experienced anemone keepers only IMO.
Please do your research on care of the animals you'd like to buy and not only on their price.
agreed.

clown123

NO! this anenome isnt going in that tank in my 55g i have a bta thats very small in my 55g that bta is very healthy i have the best luck keeping anenomes in my 55g i have dual lights on it and my parameters are good im thinking on moving the bta in my 24g into my 55g.

viper_930

Exactly what lights do you you have on your 55?
And how long has it been setup?
What other anemones do you have in that tank?
Got a pic of your BTA?

clown123

no im would take 1 but im very sick i have a ear infection and a strep throat i can barely swallow dont mind me if i get a little crancky um u mean what wattage? and the tank has been up for 5-6moinths?

clown123

it will be better in my tank then a crappy petcos tank! my water and lighting kills theres i mean come on.

sfe

Originally Posted by clown123
it will be better in my tank then a crappy petcos tank! my water and lighting kills theres i mean come on.
What is their lighting? And what is yours?

sfe

theres is like freshwater lighting my lights are out so i cant see i forgot!
Wait. Your telling me you don't know what lighting you have but your confident with your luck that you know you will top petsmart's. Give me a break!

clown123

are u kidding me dual lights havent had 1 not 1 anenome die in that tank and its petland lets get real.

viper_930

Freshwater lights? They're likely normal outputs if you're not sure. In that case, the lights on your 24g is better, but even those are waaay not enough lighting for any hosting species of anemones like BTAs or ritteris.
Anemones can take many months to slowly die. After keeping one for a year you might say you're successful.

sfe

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
Freshwater lights? They're likely normal outputs if you're not sure. In that case, the lights on your 24g is better, but even those are waaay not enough lighting for any hosting species of anemones like BTAs or ritteris.
Anemones can take many months to slowly die. After keeping one for a year you might say you're successful.
yeah so you will never notice it die in a petstore because they sell fast.

sfe

are u kidding me dual lights havent had 1 not 1 anenome die in that tank and its petland lets get real.
10 years of experience and your asking a question like this. :notsure: