Lighting Question

jpribelin

Hello everyone. Ive got a 4 48" URI VHO light bulbs. Two of them are 10000K daylight and the other two are super actinic. It has been about a year since running and I am thinking about buying new. I really dislike how my tank look real pinkish. Anyone have any recommendations on what kind of bulbs i should buy and not make it look so pink anymore. Thanks

tangman99

Here is a shot of my 90 gallon with 4 VHOs (2 URI super actinic and 2 URI 50/50s). The picture was taken without flash. Just to give you an idea. I do have a blue background which I'm sure has some effect.

jpribelin

75 gallon. Configuration from front to back is daylight, actinic, daylight, actinic. I have a maxima, squamosa, and derasa clam which all have thrived under this configeration too.

mlm

The URI 10k bulbs you are talking about (aquasun) do have a reddish look to them. Use instead two super actinic and toe actinic white bulbs by URI. This will give you the whitish blue look you are looking for.

bang guy

before buying new bulbs just try reaganging the ones you have and put one or both actinics in front.